Tuesday, January 26, 2021

You Make a Difference

 This morning started off foggy and cold (lots of rain yesterday). This afternoon the wind picked up which makes it feel even colder. We helped pick up some furniture from a bank branch that is closing and took it to Teacher's Warehouse. Teachers from a 5 county are can come to the warehouse and pick up all kinds of things for their classroom for free. It's an amazing place and I wish that we would have had something like that when I was teaching in a classroom. Wow, the money I would have saved. This afternoon I did a lot of cooking. Not only made dinner but a batch of Chia Seed Jam and prepped vegetables for later in the week. And after that I sat down to craft. Yeah!

This card was made in response to some friends who are doing a Stamping Sisters Mini Winter Camp. Barb was the hostess for Day 1 so I tried out her tutorial using scraps. Who doesn't like to get rid of some of those?


Barb's tutorial showed how to make a background using different colors and widths of scraps. It's lots of fun. I first cut my scraps in three different widths. I covered the entire front og=f the card with double sided tape. I started laying the strips diagonally from the middle. After I got to most of the middle covered I decided to change directions and just filled in the side with whatever scrap I wanted so there isn't any symmetry to it. After I finished the background and cut off the extra paper hanging over the edges, I die cut three of the word "You" and glued them together for some dimension. The die I used was MFT You Trio die. The sentiment that goes with the die is from MFT All About You stamp set. I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and die cut it with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips (retired). I am going to add this to my stack of Thank You cards that are going to Teachers Warehouse. The teachers are given 5 free thank you notes when they come to shop and asked to do some "homework" by sending the thank you's to 5 volunteers or donors. So we are always in need of thank you notes. I am entering these challenges:

Tomorrow we are back at Opportunity House to finish up some wiring that Tom is doing to help them install a card reader. Up until now we've been cash or check only so this will be a big change for us. Hopefully it will help make more money as we support a preschool. Well, thanks for stopping by. Hope your week is going well. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna

8 comments:

Lori m said...

Donna your card is beautiful, great way to use up scrap papers and create something pretty.

WTG on all of your adventures, you do amaze me, blessings and kudos for all you do. Hugs, Lori m

Barb said...

Donna--thanks so much for joining us at camp. Your card is very fun--I love the different angles. Hope to see more cards from our lessons this week!

Pam said...

Wow. sounds like you have been a busy bee! It has been very foggy with rain here as well, pretty chilly too.
Your card is great, very dramatic in color and design!
Hugs,
Pam scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

So very fun- love your strips and your card design too! Great that you can join in the technique camp with Barb!

Saphron said...

How beautiful! Such a lovely sentiment, and a fun bright card!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

sue t. said...

After your busy morning you deserved some creative time!! Love your bold and graphic card! Thanks for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Lady Joyful said...

Really beautiful, graphic card. This is a great way to use scraps, and highlights our colours so nicely. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

Hi Donna! Be sure to pop past the Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge blog to check out your win, with this card. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...