Friday, January 29, 2021

Special Friend

 Happy Friday and welcome to the weekend. Where did this week go? And Oh my, January is almost gone too. Time certainly is flying by! Tonight I have a special card for a special friend who has had a very difficult time for the past year. Her husband has been in and out of the hospital with a number of medical problems and because Of Covid restrictions she hasn't been able to visit him there. She spent Christmas without him. Recently she fell and injured her leg. She's using a walker to get around. So I wanted to send her something to cheer her up, I hope.


I cross-stitched the little square message with the flowers as a keepsake to let her know that my thoughts and prayers are with her and her DH. I cut the front out of the card using Spellbinders Classic Squares Large. It's not quite square as I cut a little more out in one direction with the same die. I adhered the cross stitch material to the front of the card and then added a backing so that you wouldn't be able to see the back of the stitches on the inside of the card. I used a new to me stamp set from Simon Says Stamps called Beautiful Butterflies and the matching dies. I stamped 3 butterflies with Versa Fine Onyx Black ink and colored them with Spectrum Noir markers, then die cut them with the matching dies. I stamped the "long distance hugs" circle stamp on the front and added the butterflies. I need to finish the inside off before I send it off tomorrow. Hope you like it as much as I do!
I am entering these challenges:
We still have snow on the ground but tomorrow and Sunday we have rain predicted so we may not get a chance to have the twins build another snowman on Sunday when they are here all day. We'll have to find something else for them to do. Arthur is still very into the marble run that he got for Christmas and he plays with that a lot when he's here. Maybe we'll have to get the sand out this weekend. We've gotten some new cookie cutters they haven't played with yet. I certainly hope your week has been a good one. Enjoy a relaxing weekend. My weekends tend to be busier than my weeks and I'm usually glad to see Monday roll around. LOL! Please stay safe and God bless.

Donna


5 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a beautiful and special card for your friend, Donna. She certainly has had a rough go of it. I feel so sad for her and her husband. Your cross-stitch is gorgeous!

Darnell said...

I feel so bad for your special friend, Donna. She's lucky to have you and I'm sure she will cherish this beautiful hand-stitched and handmade card from you! I hope the difficulties for her and her husband turn around soon and life gets easier for them. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I've gone back and enjoyed a lot of your prior posts ~ brings back memories of when my grandtwins were younger! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Suze said...

Beautiful card Donna and lovely cross-stitching. Hope your friend can take some comfort that someone is thinking of her during this difficult time.
Have fun with the twins.

Judy McKay said...

Love the cross stitching. Beautiful details.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
In Search of My Creative Side

Pam said...

This is such a lovely keepsake for your friend! The cross stitch piece is beautiful! I'm sure your friend will cherish it. I hope this get better for your friend and her husband soon. So sad they had to spend Christmas apart.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...