Thursday, January 21, 2021

Pear-fection

Happy Thursday! I am a little less stressed after the inauguration yesterday. I feel like I can breathe again and that the future is looking a bit brighter. I know we have a long way to go but I feel hopeful for the future. So I started a card yesterday but I just couldn't get it the way I wanted it so I set it aside and finished it tonight. 


The image is called Fall Pear-fection from Jan's Digital Stamp Shop. I broke out my Prismacolor Pencils to color the image and die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Rectangles (retired). The sentiment is from Stampabilities Card Phrases. I backed the layers with black card stock. The dotted paper is from my stash and not sure of the manufacturer. The ivory paper is from Basic Grey papers. I am entering these challenges:
Today was our volunteer day so I'm wiped out tonight. Last night while we were watching a movie I organized a bunch of die cuts and images that I found in my craft closet when I cleaned it out last week. So now that I have those organized maybe I'll remember to use them. Last year my goal was to use up stuff I had lying around and I did use a bunch but I have several years worth of scraps so one of my goals this year is again to reduce the amount of scraps that I have. Thanks for stopping by today. Hope all is well with you. Stay safe! God bless!

Donna


9 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. I like the mix of papers you used behind the image.
I think even those of us who don't live in the US were holding our breath a bit through the inauguration.
I set the same goal of using up scraps and pre-printed images last year. I'm still working my way through them and have a long way to go but at least I am making some progress. I intend to keep at it and hope you do too.

Lori m said...

Beautiful card Donna, congrats on the organizing and using crafty supplies on hand, that's what I'm doing now. I found items forgotten so they are new to me now lol, hugs, Lori m

Andrea W said...

That shade of green is wonderful and it goes well with you image. So glad you are feeling less stressed and joined us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

Jan Mahew said...

Donna, Dashing slimline card with the use of your scraps. That is something I need to work on my self. Thank you for sharing your card of Pear-fection with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Join us each month for a NEW challenge. Stay safe and happy crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Melissa Craig said...

Pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

What a great card!! (I think I could create for YEARS with my scraps and preprinted images and die cuts!! LOL)
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Paula said...

lovely card Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Challenge at The Crafter’s Cafe this fortnight.

Pam said...

What a lovely card! You did a wonderful job of coloring the pretty image!
I know what you mean. I think I'll be stressed until this next four years is over! We all need to pray!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...