Thursday, January 28, 2021

Sew Grateful

 We are walking in a winter wonderland with our first major snow storm of the year. Tom shoveled 4 inches of "partly cloudy" last night. LOL! But it very pretty. Normally about this time of year we are in Florida to get away from the winter weather. Not this year though. With the weather this morning the schools went online rather than run buses, so that meant Opportunity House was closed. But we did volunteer at teacher's Warehouse this afternoon. This evening I did sit down at my desk for a bit.


The image is from Pattie's Creations. It's the freebie of the month at the Pattie's Creation's challenge blog. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut the image. I have a pin cushion that looks exactly like this little tomato. LOL! The plaid paper is from my scrap plaid paper stash and I used Gina Marie Designs  Stitched Diamonds to die cut the triangle shape. The sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps stamp set (no longer in business). I die cut the sentiment with Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitched Ovals. I am entering these challenges:
Tomorrow Tom and I have an eye doctor appointment. They will likely dilate my eyes so I may not be able to see well for a while. Hopefully I'll get some time to play tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by. The weekend approaches. Hope it's super creative for you. Take care and God bless!

Donna


9 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, I enjoy sewing now so this really peaked my crafty senses. Hope you don't get to much snow, we have had a few days with storms and now into the deep freeze.

Stay warm and safe, hugs, Lori m

LDB Cards said...

Very sweet card. Its great to see our hobbies reflected in a card.

Thank you for taking part in the Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craft Room Door (TTCRD )this time

Best regards



Lisa Bailey

TTCRD Design Team

LDB Creates – my blog

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. I was having a play with that sketch yesterday although didn't finish it. Maybe today.
I remember seeing a tomato shaped pin cushion in felt - must be a popular design.
Good luck with your eye appointment - hope you manage to fit in some crafty time before you go in case you don't feel up to it afterward.

Margreet said...

Lovely take on my favorite sketch! Great image going with the fab sentiment.
Thanks for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

I remember this sketch from last year and it was a fun one! Gorgeous work, Donna!

Debbie said...

So cute!! (I have a couple of those tomatoes, too! LOL)
Enjoy your snow!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Melissa Craig said...

Sew much fun! I love it. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Donna, cute card. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Danka
TTCRD
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

jaybea said...

lovely card Donna I to remember a pin cushion like this Thankyou for joining us at Creative Knockouts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...