Sunday, January 31, 2021

Thanks a Melon

 We are about to move into February (how did that happen?) so I thought I'd do one last January post. We had the twins all day and it rained, so they ran all over the house today since they couldn't be outside. We did get them out for a short time before we took them home. They stomped through our leftover snow piles in their boots before they climbed into our car. LOL!  So this evening I thought I would clean off my desk a little and ran into two watermelon images. I have no idea where they came from but I thought I'd make a couple quick thank you cards for Teacher's Warehouse.


The background paper is left over from my son's birthday card which featured pizza (think Italian pizzeria tablecloth) but I thought it might be a picnic blanket too. The images are leftover from something. I did print the sentiments off. Thanks to Create with TLC for the free sentiment. I die cut the sentiments with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. I found 2 gallon Ziploc bags with ribbon pieces in so I used two pieces of ribbon from that stash. In the "O" in melon I did a little doodling to make it look like a watermelon with seeds. They were quick and easy cards. I am entering these challenges:
Well, this will be another busy week. If the weather doesn't close schools tomorrow I'll go work at Opportunity House in the morning. If the schools close for weather so does OH. Tuesday morning I have another eye appointment at a different eye doctor. Apparently a membrane has grown over the lens in my right eye after my cataract surgery so they will remove the membrane on Tuesday morning. So we'll have to see how the week progresses to see if I get crafting time. I'll leave you with a couple pictures of the twins and a little Valerie story.


Arthur got the marble run as a Christmas gift from Uncle Steve and Aunt Anne and he's been enamored ever since. So you can usually find him with the marble run most of the day when he visits us. Valerie, on the other hand, likes variety, so she flits from one thing to another. Today she was into ice cube molds that we have. She lined them all up, counted them, and told me the colors, and then she said, "All our friends are here!" LOL! She is such a gem. So here's to a new week, a new month, and all the best it can bring. Stay safe and healthy. God bless!

Donna






4 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely cards Donna.
All the best for your eye surgery.
Kids at that age can say the most interesting things!

jaybea said...

amazing what can be done with bits and pieces two lovely cards Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts

Hazel Estibeiro said...

Beautiful Card , thanks for joining

Pam said...

Really cute melon cards! I love the gingham check.
Arthur and Valerie are so adorable and growing so fast! when I granny-o-chat with Ruby she is alwways showwing me her toys. Their treasures!
Hugs,
Pam
scramp-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...