Sunday, November 18, 2018

Penguin with Present

Today I have Day 18's card for Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards. The letter for Day 18 was P. I chose a penguin with a present. And rather than a card I did something a bit different. An ornament.

I make these ornaments out of used ribbon spools. I just pull the cardboard off one side and then file away any excess paper or glue. I did a tutorial for an ornament like this a while ago. This digi stamp was a freebie from Di's Digis. I die cut the image with MFT Stitched Circles dies and added Recollection Glitz to the Santa hat. I added some black dots to the penguin's scarf too. This is the first time I tried using buttons on the ornaments and tied bows with embroidery floss. The ribbon that goes around the outside of the ornament is red velvet ribbon. I need to make about 10 of these since I was going to add them to the kids' gifts this year. I am entering these challenges.

I almost have my Day 19 card done too. Maybe I'll get that up tonight before I go to bed. We'll see how far I get. Thanks for stopping by. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!

Donna

9 comments:

Beccy said...

I am now regretting every ribbon spool I've ever thrown away... what a wonderful upcycled project. I'm going to show this to my craft group Donna, I'm certain they will love it and never throw away a spool again!
The colours are gorgeous and bright and the little penguin with his armful of gifts is adorable. Thanks for the link and the fabulous idea.
Cheers,
Beccy

Suzanne H said...

I saved your ribbon spool ornament instructions last year and made only one. Thanks for the reminder and I've emptied a couple of spools this week. The image is adorable and I love the little buttons.

Mrs A. said...

This is so sweet. Love the buttons as embellishments. I always keep the empty spools from my dis tapes to make ornaments with. Hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Bruder said...

Donna, what a cute idea. Yes I too have thrown away too many of those ribbon spools. Your ornament is quite adorable. Darling image and nice coloring. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Pam said...

What an adorable Christmas ornament and a great way to recycle! I love the added buttons!
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Vickie Y said...

Love this idea! Thanks for the tutorial. Now, if I could bring back all the ribbon spools I've tossed out!!

Chris said...

What a lovely idea, your little penguin ornament is adorable, I'm going to save those empty spools from now on! Thanks for sharing this lovely idea with us at Catch the Bug.
Chris
x

Helen said...

Great upcycling and a fab idea - those buttons finish it perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

Robin F said...

Oh My ! What a darling up cycle project! I love the additional of the buttons and floss. Thank You for joining us at Get Creative Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...