Friday, November 16, 2018

Day 16 - N

Today I have a confessions to make. Beccy of Beccy's Place had a gorgeous no line coloring card for her N card and I wanted to try it out. So I used her tutorial to print off a scene with her Nativity Digital Stamps. I got through that part just fine. But when I tried to color it I couldn't see the lines. I have cataracts and the doctor has told me that I will need surgery but it wasn't critical so I let it go for now. So until then no line coloring isn't in my future. Bummer! So I switched tactics and decided on the North Pole.

The Santa image is from Limited Runs and is the progressive stamp of the month. I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut him out. I used Crystal Stickles on parts of his Santa suit. The sentiment us from the Creative Visions Holiday Greetings. It was still on my desk. The slopes are from two different sets. The one with the trees is called Scenic Winter. I believe these came in a craft magazine. I won them as a blog candy earlier this year. The other slopes are Simon Says Stitched Slopes and Hills. The star is from MFT Pierced Star die-namics. To finish off I used a white gel pen for some accents, including the white dots in the background. Originally I meant these to be stars but they also look like snow so you can take your pick. I am entering these challenges: 
The ice is slowly melting from our storm yesterday. Everything has gotten back to normal I think. Hoping to get some more time to play this afternoon. The twins will be here all day tomorrow so crafting will definitely be out while we play with them. Can't wait until they're a bit older and craft time will be fun! Take card. Have a super weekend!

Donna



13 comments:

Ina G said...

Love this snowy scene here Donna. That Santa is so cute. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week.

Colleen said...

Donna you created a delightful scene with this cute Santa and awesome sentiment! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas .

Beccy said...

I'm glad to read that you had a go at the no-line colouring Donna, just trying something new is half the battle.
Love the little North Pole scene you created, the snow drifts are wonderful. I like the you've added on stitched, one plain and one tree dotted... it's a very pleasing design. I also love the holographic glitter on Santa's coat and hat. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Stef H said...

now this definitely puts a smile on my face! very festive!

wishing you & yours a very happy & blessed thanksgiving.

hugs :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I'm loving the snowy bank and the adorable Santa. Great scene!

Mrs A. said...

Hi Donna,
Catching up not only on Beccy's challenge but commenting on everyones makes. Love your North Pole card. I have a penguin image sorted out but not sure if the North Pole has penguins. I know one pole doesn't so I'm in a dilemma for my card using the letter N. Hugs Mrs A(ValeryAnne).

Pam said...

Santa looks very happy there in at the North Pole among all the hills of snow! This is just so cute!
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Christine Alexander said...

What a great layout with all your Santa at the North pole die cuts. Such a fun scene. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Loll said...

Adorable North Pole scene, Donna! Love the bright colours that pop with all the white snow hills. Great colouring and lots of sparkle too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Bonnie said...

A fun Santa scene, Donna! Great coloring! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Julie B said...

Fun Santa at the North pole scene.
Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week. :)

Nance said...

Adorable North Pole scene with that jolly Santa! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas.

crafty said...

This is a super scene. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge this week.
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...