Saturday, November 17, 2018

Day 17: The Letter O

Happy weekend! I have a busy one with the twins coming all day today. So I thought I should get these cards posted before I ran out of time. Day 17 at Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards is the letter O. I actually made two cards for this letter.

I die cut the Birch Press Ornament Trio die twice, once in gold and once in blue. Then I used the die pieces to inlay the ornament designs. The pink background I used glue to inlay the pieces but on the second card I cut a piece of double-sided adhesive. That was much cleaner and faster. But I found that using my embossing buddy helped take any stickiness away that remained on the cards. After inlaying the die pieces I stamped the sentiments for each. The black card stock sentiment is from Altenew Halftone Holidays and the Merry & Bright is from a retired Gina K stamp set. To finish each card off I placed some enamel dots on the ornaments. Here's a closer look at each card.


I wanted to use some no traditional colors. My favorite is the black, blue and gold. I think black and gold together is so elegant! I am entering these challenges:
The twins are on their way so I have to scoot. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Take care.

Donna


3 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hello Donna,
These two baubles for Becc'ys challenge look great. The gold with the black must look really striking IRL . Have fun with the visit from the twins. Hugs Mrs A. (ValeryAnne. )

Beccy said...

Two fantastic cards Donna, love those bright colours and the wonderful detailed die cuts. I really like the way you added the sentiment on the gold card, the flag across the top looks great. Have fun with the twins!
Cheers,
Beccy

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love all the gold!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...