Monday, November 19, 2018

Quarter Fold Card

Happy Monday! The start of another week. This week is Thanksgiving in the U.S. So we'll be out of town for a few days. We are taking the twins and their Mom with us so there won't be any time to craft. Family will be number one for a few days, as it should be. My card today is for Day 19 of Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards and the letter prompt is Q.


I made a quarter fold card using the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. I used the pre-colored image from Beccy's Place Silver Bell. You can't really tell from the photo but the flowers were really white so I used a BG1 Spectrum Noir marker to color the flowers to make them about the same color as the music DP. The sentiment is from MFT Happy Pawlidays and I die cut it with Impression Obsession Mini Rectangle Tags 2. And here's the inside of the card.


I carried over the music DP. The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called Christmas Music. I really had all kinds of trouble getting this card to work. Twice I cut the papers incorrectly. Even after I got the right dimensions I had to adjust the size to make them fit correctly when putting them together. It's a fun fold that I don't do very often. Now I know why. LOL!
I am entering these challenges:
My Monday didn't quite goes as expected. My DH went with me to Opportunity House to fix some door locks. It took him all day and he has to go back tomorrow. We only drove one car so I was stuck. Put in a few volunteer hours today but we got a few things done too. Hope your week is off to a great start. Take care!

Donna

7 comments:

Beccy said...

The frustration was definitely worth the result Donna, your four-fold is fabulous! The music sheets are gorgeous and a wonderful addition with the silver bells. I love that bright blue card.
Have a wonderful time with your daughter and the twins. I completely agree that the holidays are all about family!
Cheers,
Beccy

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely collection of cards Donna and I love that beautiful bell. Enjoy your days away and thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Pam said...

Beautiful card Donna! Love the bells and sheet music!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Great fold definitely worth the hassle-love the music paper and jingle bell/flower image.Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too
Carol DT x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is a beautiful card! I love the Silver Bells image and the pretty shade of blue you used!
Safe travels and have a fab Thanksgiving!!!

Mrs A. said...

I looked at this fold and so glad I didn't try it for Beccy's challenge. I love your resulting card. Those bells really are pretty. Hugs Mrs A.

Nandini said...

Very cute and fun card! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...