Saturday, November 24, 2018

Playing Catch Up

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Time spent with our family was very special. We had the twins and their Mom with us so it was a pretty busy time. Those two can really keep you hopping. But we had lots of fun! So I am now playing catch up with the challenge over at Beccy's Place. Day 22 is to CASE one of your earlier cards. The card I chose is from November 2014. I'm not sure if it's one I entered in Beccy's challenge that year or not. Here is the card I am casing.
And here's what I did for a new card.

I still used the plaid background. I love plaid! But I added black card stock for layering to make the colors pop. The image is from Beccy's Place called The Big Guy Digital Stamps. The sentiment is from the same set. All the die cuts: the plaid paper (stitched edges), the tag and the star are all from MFT Blueprints 13. I punched a hole with one of my hole punches and tied some ribbon at the top of the tag. The star die cut I edged with Fossilized Amber distress ink before adhering to the tag. I still kept it fairly simple. I am entering these challenges:

That may be all I get accomplished today. We have another event this evening. Tomorrow I hope to get more done. I'm still behind three cards. Have a super weekend. 

Donna

6 comments:

Beccy said...

I love plaid too Donna, especially at Christmastime. There's something warm and traditional about it... perhaps it's the colours? Anyway, you did a great job CASEing your old card, love the new version. It was a good idea to add the black mat to lift the image from the patterned paper.
Glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving with the twins and their mom!
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam said...

WOW, the black really makes the plaid pop! I love plaid as well and I really love the plaid you used! This is such a cute card!
Yes, little ones sure can keep you on the go! So happy that you had a nice time!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is really pretty, Donna!

Glenda Atkins said...

Loving the colour of the plaid you used and the yellow star and ribbon really pulls it all together. Well done!
Hugs
Glenda

Chrissy said...

Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..
Fabulous Santa and love the plaid..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at The Outlawz Challenges last week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.
Happy crafting,
Angela
Twisted Thursday DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
theoutlawzchallenges.ning.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...