Saturday, November 2, 2019

Day 3: Letter C

Although the weather was chilly today we had a great time at the camporee. The girls (and adults) really liked the survival skills we were teaching. I was amazed at how many girls had never lit a match before. I think most went away learning something new today. We got home earlier than I expected and I was able to complete a card this evening. So today is the letter C in Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards challenge. Arthur would say, "C is for caufower (no I didn't spell it wrong; that's the way he says it) or cookie. Cookie is a lot clearer and he probably prefers that over cauliflower. LOL! Here is my "C" card.

I made a circular easel card (die cut with Spellbinder's Classic Scalloped Circles). My image is a candle from Beccy's A Light in the Darkness stamp set. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and die .cut with Spellbinder's Standard Circles. The black mat is also die cut with the standard circles. I heat embossed the sentiment from Technique Tuesday Christ is Born stamp set. I inked the background with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink. For the inside I die cut 4 of the Penny Black Manger dies and glued them together. What you can't see is the "Christ is Born" sentiment on the indie, also from the TT Christ is Born stamp set. I really love the way this card came out. I am entering these challenges:
We'll be playing with the twins tomorrow and then have a get together with friends so I doubt I have any crafty time tomorrow unless it's early in the morning. We'll see what happens. I'm looking forward to Monday. They should finish our chimney which is being rebuilt after leaking rain into our bedroom. We should be able to have a fire in the fireplace after they finish to ward off these chilly days and nights. I've been drinking lots of tea and hot chocolate to warm up lately. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Donna

8 comments:

Beccy said...

I'm amazed at the vibrancy of the yellow Donna, it's so beautiful and works perfectly with the image and sentiment. I love the layered die cut in the centre of your card, what a lovely design.
I was very pleased to read that your camporee went well, I used to enjoy Girl Guides when I was young and learned a great deal from my leaders. We used to camp quite simply back then, including digging latrines and making tables and racks from sticks and ropes... skills that I've never forgotten, but thankfully skills that I haven't needed either! Have fun with the grandkids!
Cheers,
Beccy

Catie Cuddles said...

Lovely card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Lori m said...

Beautiful card Donna, pretty stamp and coloring, hugs Lori m

Pam said...

What a beautiful easel Christmas card and with the true meaning of Christmas!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Sherri said...

Fabulous card! And awesome meaning of the real spirit of Christmas! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a lovely C card... the design is great and I love that it reflects the light of the world.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

pst said...

Great card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...