Saturday, February 20, 2021

Timeless Classic

 Happy Saturday! The weekend has arrived. Tomorrow we are supposed to be in the 40s. Hip, hip hooray! Finally above freezing. We have the twins tomorrow so we will get them out to play in the snow. It won't melt that fast; there is too much of it. LOL! So I had a chance to play a bit today.


I had a certain person in mind when I did this card. The image is from The Paper Shelter called So Classy! Digital Stamp. The theme at The Paper Shelter challenge this week is shades of blue. That's why my card is mostly blue. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers. the image is die cut with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Squares. I sponged some clouds in the background to carry the blue clouds on the designer paper into the image. The sentiment is from Create with TLC and die cut with MFT Stitched Ovals, then inked with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink. I used a retired Stampin' Up scalloped punch to make the border to the right with some scrap from my scrap box. To finish off I added a wood car that I colored dark blue to stick with the theme. I am entering these challenges:
Hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start. We are going to play cards with friends this evening (masked). Tomorrow we'll have fun with the twins. I hope to play some more tomorrow evening after the twins go home. We'll see. Take care. Be safe! Peace ad all good.

Donna


7 comments:

Lori m said...

Enjoy the twins and warmer weather, we're suppose to get the winter thaw this week. Keeping my fingers crossed, need to melt the ice and snow lol. Hello Spring I'm ready for the next season.

Awesome Birthday card and shades of blue, hugs, Lori m

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love the blues and the great image you used! Have a great time with the twins!

Pam said...

onderful guy card! Cuute image and I love the blues!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n0sewgranny.blogspot.com

Sammy said...

Love this! That image was one of my first from The Paper shelter, and still one of my go-tos for male cards. I love how dapper he looks in blue! fabulous! Thank you for joining in with us at The Paper Shelter this week. Sammy-x

Kelly Schelske said...

Great card Donna! Love the blues!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you will join us again this week! Good luck!

Kim said...

This is a great masculine card! I love how relaxed he looks leaning against the card! Thank you for joining the Scrapping 4 Fun Challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

I bet the recipient loved this card -- very fun. Thanks for joining in STB

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...