Thursday, February 4, 2021

Love You

 Hello there! How was your Thursday. Today was our volunteering day so we were busy all day today. I started this card last night and finished it today, having to wait until the Dimensional Magic dried.

My image is from Scribbles Designs is called Valentine Brrr-loon. I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Rectangles (retired). The sentiment was a Friday Freebie called Love You. I die cut it with Quickcutz Tags and inked it with Candy Apple distress ink. The three designer papers I used were given to me from Teacher's Warehouse. At least one of the the papers was from the Paper Studio. I backed the image with black card stock. The card base is also black card stock. The balloon is covered with Dimensional Magic although the photo looks lie it's just on some of the edge. I am entering these challenges:

I'm pretty tired this evening. Did two more hours of work sorting greeting cards when I got home. If the weather isn't too bad in the morning I may go back to Opportunity House and take the greeting cards back. I'm trying to help them get organized. The woman who normally takes care of the cards is over 90 years old and her kids don't want her to come in because of Covid. So she is picking up boxes to sort but there was a pile of boxes sitting in her area. So two of us took it on to try to better organize the space and get more greeting cards out and sold. Its been a big project. I just found out today that there are 5 more boxes in the basement in storage. So we have a ways to go yet. We'll keep hammering away at it and "get her done." Fortunately the two areas that I am in charge of (crafts and office supplies) hasn't had a lot of stuff coming in. So I've had more time to work with the greeting cards. The joys of volunteering. Actually, it's very satisfying to me to see something come together and much easier to manage. Well, I hope you had an awesome day! Thanks for stopping by! Please stay safe and God bless!

Donna

6 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, that penguin, though!!!!!!! Love him! Also love your background patterned paper, it's a perfect choice! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. The papers work together well. Thank you for entering the Power of Eight Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

Pam said...

What a cute penguin Valentine card! Love the hearts background and that cute penguin! Ruby loves the penguins at Sea World.
Thank you so much for you kind comment on my blog. I try and be positive but had a blue day yesterday. I was watching cancer stories on Youtube and I shouldn't have. I go see my surgen in the morning and my oncologist Tuesday morning. I'm sure all is fine but, I can't help but worry. Thank you for your prayers.
So sorry to hear you are having eye problems. I will be sending prayers your way for healing.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

coldwaters2 said...

This is so cute and very lovely a smashing way to say I love you, thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER
hugs
lorraine x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with that supercute penguin.
Thanks for joining us at Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet DT

Bea said...

A nice card did you make, beautiful with the penguin, thanks for playing along at the challenge of Cheerful Sketches....

Bea (DT).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...