Monday, February 8, 2021

Layers of Birthday Fun

It's week two over at Imagine That Digistamps, where they are celebrating their 8th birthday! This week's challenge is to include cake or other birthday food. I went for the cake!


I first checked my box where I keep images that I've printed off but haven't used. Only one cake image and I wasn't overjoyed with it. So I went hunting through my stash. This is an image from DeeDee's Digital Stamps (sadly no longer in business). The set was called Wish Big. All the images and sentiment are from this stamp set. I colored the cake with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut it with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitch Rectangles (retired). The presents I also colored with Spectrum Noir, fussy cut them and used black marker to accentuate the black lines. The sentiment was die cut with Clear Dollar Stamps Designer Labels (sadly also out of business). I layered with black card stock. The striped paper is from my stash. The card base is green. To finish it off I used Dimensional Magic on the candle flames to give them some shine. I am entering these challenges:
I must have missed the weather forecast today that said 3 to 5 inches of snow. The snow started falling about 5 pm, as we were eating dinner. And it hasn't stopped. My DH is out shoveling the driveway and it looks like almost 5. When I looked at the remaining night time hours, it said it would snow all night. Yikes! That could really pile up. Tom thinks they will cancel school tomorrow which will cancel our board meeting too because Opportunity House closes when the schools close for weather. Not sure how we'd make that up. So "maybe" I'll get more time to craft tomorrow. We'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. This afternoon Tom brought a load of wood for our wood-burning stove from our Baby Creek property. So it took about an hour to stack that. Fortunately we got that all done before the snow started falling. The rest of the week our temperatures are supposed to drop and by the weekend we'll be below zero. We are missing Florida this year. LOL! Anyway, hope you are snug and warm wherever you are. Stay safe! God bless!

Donna

 

7 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a bright and cheery birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug/Stella Says Sketch. Bonnie DT

Lori m said...

Yummy cake, very pretty card, hugs, Lori m

Kristine said...

Perfect card for a happy Birthday! I think of fun colors - always makes one happy! Thanks so much for joining in my BIRTHDAY celebration week challenges at Imagine That Digistamp! :)

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. I like the image that you used and how you co-ordinated the gifts with the cake.
It seems weird that you are getting heavy snowfalls while I am trying to cool the air temperature in the unit down so that I am comfortable! At least if you can't do your regular things, you can have a play in the craft room.

Kelly Schelske said...

So bright and cheery, love it Donna!

Thank you so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Good luck!

Joy Wilson said...

Cool design! I just love your card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Dena J said...

Such a bright and cheerful card! I love how you pulled all the elements and colors together so perfectly for the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Dena, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...