Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Love

 It's been a busy Tuesday. We had about 7 inches of snow between last evening and overnight. My DH went out about 8:30pm last night and shoveled about 5 inches of snow from our driveway. This morning I helped him shovel about another 2 inches of snow. So the scenery is pretty outside. It did close the schools so Opportunity House was closed but we still had our board meeting over Zoom. So I didn't get as much time to craft as I had hoped. I did get one very quick card done this evening.


I did my background on watercolor paper. I ripped the bottom edge of the paper. It's been taped to my desk for months and I decided I had to use it and clear it off my glass matt. LOL! So I saw a card by craftysuze that used "swinking" and I had never heard of that before. So I found this blog post from Laurel Beard that showed a number of different ways to use swinking. I chose to do the direct ink to paper. I used 4 mini cubes from AlteNew to swipe the background. I sprayed the background with water and then dried with a heat gun. I used three die cuts on this card. I cut the background with MFT Blueprints 13 (retired) Stitched A2 size die. Then I used Simon Says Stacked Hearts to place over the background. Finally I die cut MFT Huge Love die three times and then stacked them on top of one another. I used the die cut as a stencil to get the letters straight on the card. I like the way this turned out. I hope to use this method again. I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me tonight. Tomorrow is my other eye surgery. It should go just fine. But dilating my eye will likely give me another headache. We'll see if the sun comes out. If it's cloudy tomorrow it will be better. Take care and stay safe! God bless.

Donna


5 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Donna. Good on you for having a go at swinking. I'm glad I inspired you to give it a go. It's fun to do, isn't it. I like the colours that you used for your card.
I'm hoping for a cloudy day for you tomorrow. Good luck with your eye surgery.

MS Kraft Store said...

Lovely card. Love the background coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hope to see you again next challenge.
Hugs,
Mifta.
Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

Pam said...

This is so pretty and so clever Donna! You did a wonderful job!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Judy Woodland said...

How sweet. I love your colors and those white die cuts in the background. They really make that focal greeting pop, well done!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


foleysfriend said...

Love the ombre look of your background. The stacked hearts and large "LOVE" diecuts are gorgeous against the background. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...