Sunday, February 7, 2021

Beautiful Birthday

 Time really flew by this week. I couldn't believe how fast. It's 6 degrees here this morning. Shortly we'll go get the twins for today but it's too cold to have them outside. We'll have to make do with inside activities today. Earlier this week I made a birthday card that I thought I could enter into Imagine That's 8th birthday challenge. But when I got it finished I realized I forgot about the theme ribbons and bows. So I finally got a chance to make a second card.


Probably the biggest reason I ignored the challenge is that I am a terrible bow maker. I have watched numerous videos and tried gadgets but I am a disaster when it comes to bows. So I tried one more video that promised to be the easiest bow ever. Well, maybe I just didn't get it. My liquid glue would not adhere the ribbon. I finally had to get my hot glue gun out to hold this together. LOL! The stamp and sentiment are from Fuchsia and Hummingbird stamp set by Imagine That! Digis by Kris. I die cut the panel with MFT Blueprints 13 A2 size stitched die. And then fussed with the ribbon and bow.  The bow is actually a double loop but hard to see in the picture. My card base is blue. I am entering these challenges:
Another busy week ahead. We have the twins all day tomorrow. I am working at Opportunity House (OH) tomorrow. I was elected the secretary for the (OH) Board of Directors so I have a board meeting on Tuesday. Wednesday I have eye surgery on my left eye. Thursday is volunteer day at OH and Teacher's Warehouse (TW). And maybe Friday will be free. That depends on whether TW scheduled a furniture pick up from a place going out of business. It's almost an hour away so that will be at least a half day trio to load and then unload back at TW. I'm tired thinking about it. LOL! Have a super week. I hope to be back with some other fun things this week, time permitting. Stay warm and safe. God bless!

Donna


9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is so pretty, Donna! I love hummingbirds! We put out our feeders each summer and they are such a joy to watch! I hope your eye surgery went well and that you're feeling okay.

Kristine said...

Oh but it's such a BEAUTIFUL double-bow Donna! So it was worth it, right?? Lol. Well I think your whole card is fabulous, love the rich blue bg to bring out the color in the hummingbird. So pretty. THANK YOU for taking time to help me celebrate ITD's 8th Birthday this week! Prayers for successful eye surgery this week. My mom had that done recently on both eyes (2 separate surgeries). Hope your week is more relaxing than you expect. :)
xKris

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. Hope to see you again next time.

Pam said...

I think your card is lovely and the boww looks great! The hummingbird and flowers look beautiful!
I hope your eye surgery goes well Donna, I'll be sending prayers.
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Suze said...

Beautiful card and lovely bow Donna. Good on you for doing both the ribbon and bow - I chickened out on the bow!

Lindsey said...

Your card is beautiful! Gorgeous colouring of these pretty images. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh this is gorgeous Donna!

Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts! Good luck!

Michelle B. said...

Your card is so beautiful and your coloring is wonderful. I'd have to say your bow looks fab! I too have problems with bows, I've used a big serving fork, which actually works quite well and then I purchased a bow maker from Unity Stamps. To attach to bow, my trick is to use glossy accents then a clothespin to hold it tight until it dries. Works like a charm! So glad you joined us for our Flora & Fauna challenge at Creative Knockouts!

NanaConnie said...

Donna, I think that double loop bow is fantastic! Good work. Love the bright colors in the image. Time for a DT hat (2 hats, actually!) - I want to say thanks for playing along in our Flora & Fauna challenge at Creative Knockouts this week and also at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. :-D Good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...