Thursday, December 17, 2020

Sympathy

 I finally got the cards sets completed that I am giving as Christmas gifts. I made 4 more birthday cards and 2 sympathy cards. I forgot to take pictures of the birthday cards when I got them done. I wrapped the cards and then thought how stupid that was. But I did get a picture of the two sympathy cards that I finished off the sets with.


The cards are similar but just a little different. I used the same die as the focal point: Birch Press Caprice Hearts die. This is a three layer die and I used scrap blues for each of the hearts. I used slightly different colors so they have a little different look. I inked the backgrounds with Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide inks. The sentiments are from Simon Says Stamps Sympathy Greetings Mix. I used two of the greetings on the first card. The banner greeting is heat embossed on a black card stock banner. The second card I used Versa Fina Black Onyx ink to add the sentiment.  I love the hearts. I'll have to remember them when I start making Valentine's Day cards. I am entering these challenges.
I am super happy to have the card sets done. I am going to start on the Bugaboo Stamps Holiday Chaos challenge. I am so glad that they are giving us extra time to do the challenge this year. I just haven't had time this week and they are already on Day 6. Hope your week has gone well. Thanks for stopping by today. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna



3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Handmade cards make such a nice gift. Sadly, sympathy cards are needed a lot - thoey are the ones my Mom requests the most. Yours are so beautiful and will be so useful when the time comes.

Lori m said...

Beautiful cards Donna, great gifts, I might have to make some up myself, hugs, Lori m

Pam said...

These are such beautiful sympathhy cards Donna! I never have one on hand and just make them as needed. I love that you made card sets as gifts, I'm sure they will be much appreciated!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...