Saturday, December 26, 2020

Reindeer Games Day 7: A Color Challenge

Welcome back to my second post today. Just trying to finish up some challenges before time runs out this year. Can you believe it's almost time to ring in a new year! 2020 has been quite the experience! Will 2021 be better? I pray that's true! My other card for today is for a color challenge at Catch the Bug Reindeer Games.


Color challenges aren't my favorite kind of challenges but I do muddle my way through them sometimes. LOL! Here's my card:

The image was last week's freebie at Bugaboo Stamps. It's called AKV Reindeer - Skate. I combined the image with a Beccy's Place sentiment from Dasher and Dancer digital stamp set. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Rectangles (retired). The designer paper is from my stash. That was the most difficult thing about this card. Trying to match the paper that I have to the colors in the challenge. The card base is a dark brown and I layered with dark brown and off white card stick. The main image is inked with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink. The brown polka dot stripes are ribbon from my stash. To complete the card I added some brown self-adhesive gems in two of the corners. I am entering these challenges:
That's it for me today. I have a few other cards on my list before the end of the year but I am glad to have completed the Reindeer Games challenge. Thanks to Jodie and the design team for all the wonderful inspiration at Catch the Bug. And thanks for the extended time to get the challenge done. There is still time to play along if you'd like to. Thanks for stopping by. Please stay safe and God bless!

Donna

3 comments:

Suze said...

Well done on completing the challenge Donna.
I like the card you created using the colour palette. I found this an interesting colour palette to work with.
Good luck with completing the other cards that you need to complete by the end of 2020.
I think we are all hoping for a better year in 2021.

Suze said...

I am back with my DT hat on. Thank you for entering the "Any Christmas or New Year Card" Challenge at CHNC.

Doris Klein said...

Oh this is really nice! Clever idea with the ribbons and a cute and funny image!

Thanks for playing along with our Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck!

Hugs and please come back soon!
Doris
*GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Kleido’s BastelStüble
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*List Manager* Challenges for Days

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...