Sunday, December 27, 2020

Let It Snow

Happy Sunday! A new card today for one of the progressive challenges for December. Imagine That Digis by Kris gave us a fun image this month called Raymond's Snowman

I took the main Raymond image and digitally added it inside the circle image (also part of the set). I fussy cut the circle. For my background I was going to do emboss resist until I finally realized I don't have many larger snowflake stamps. Really? How can I be stamping this many years and not have snowflake stamps? So I knew I had snowflake dies. So I die cut a number of snowflakes and temporarily adhered them to my card base. Then I used Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink and inked around the die cut snowflakes. After I took the snowflake dies off the paper, I used two of the snowflakes at the bottom of the card with a green piece of card stock and the word "winter" from a piece of ribbon. 


On the inside I used a couple more of the inked snowflake dies to go with one of the sentiments from Raymond's Snowman stamp set. Hoping to use this for a February birthday. I am entering these challenges:
Hope your Sunday is relaxing and creative. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna


9 comments:

Suze said...

Beautiful card Donna. I like the background you created. A clever idea to use the die-cut snowflakes as masks and then re-use them as embellishments.

Pattie G said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie G
Artist & Owner

Kristine said...

Hi Donna! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Your card is adorable - I love that you put him inside the circle sentiment :) Very creative. And the "winter" ribbon - too cute! Thanks again for playing with us at IMAGINE THAT DIGISTAMP!

Holiday Cheers,
Kris

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love how you used the cute image, Donna! Brilliant idea to enlarge the circle! Beautiful work! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Let's hope for better times in 2021!

Vic said...

Lovely card - I love the frosty feel you have created with this card. Thankyou for sharing with us at Pattie Creations - Vic, DT x

Pam said...

This is such a cute card, and I love that you decorated the inside as well!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Lori m said...

Very pretty Donna, love the circle with text and image inside, so pretty, hugs, Lori m

Jan Mahew said...

Donna, Such a cute monochromatic card to the holiday season. Thank you for sharing your wintery wonderland with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Join us each month for a NEW challenge. Happy Crafting. Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IMAGINE THAT! PROGRESSIVE Challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...