Sunday, November 29, 2020

Day 29: The Letter Z

 We took a 24 hour hiatus from things here at the house and went to our other property, took a walk in the sunshine, and enjoyed the day before the snow hits tonight and tomorrow morning.  We are back at the house and I am trying to finish off Beccy's Month of Holiday challenges as we are coming down to the wire. Tonight I worked on my "Z" card. I did some research in hopes of finding a different Z then what I have done in years past; but the only thing I could come up with was zombie and I am not a zombie kind of stamper. So I went back to the Z-fold card. 


I decided to do a Thanksgiving card in honor of Beccy because I am so grateful for her inspiration, her tutorials, her free images, her fun challenges and her generosity with prizes (not to mention her personal comments on every one of the cards entered). She devotes a huge amount of time for this and all her challenges. Beccy, I appreciate all you do. My card uses two of Beccy's images. On the front of the card I used Autumn Blessings stamp set. The fall word designer paper on that panel is from the Paper Studio. I popped up the image with foam tape. The third panel uses a free image from Beccy called Pumpkins and Sunflowers. I fussy cut both images out. Not sure who made the designer paper on the third panel. It was double sided though.


For my middle panel I used red card stock and one of the sentiments from the Autumn Blessings stamp set.  die cut the sentiment with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags (retired but I die cut twice with the non-fishtail end of the die. I then inked the sentiment with Fossilized (there's a Z in there) Amber. You can't see them very well but on the second and third panel I used some orange glitter leaves tucked into the sentiment and down in the corner of the second panel and behind some of the sunflowers on the third panel. All the images and sentiment are popped up with foam tape. I am entering these challenges:

I think I will head to bed a bit early tonight. Lots of fresh air and a fall that I took this afternoon loading wood on the trailer has made me sore and tired. At least I didn't break any bones; a constant worry when you have osteoporosis. I definitely will be black and blue for a while. Fortunately we are wearing long pants and long sleeves right now, so no one will know. LOL! Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed week. Stay safe and God bless!

Donna

5 comments:

Beccy said...

Awwww Donna, thank you so much for honouring me with your beautiful autumn card, I'm really touched. It's absolutely my pleasure to run this event each November, I enjoy it as much as everyone else (maybe a little more!) and I really appreciate that everyone gets involved. It wouldn't be very exciting if it was just me.
Sorry to hear you took a fall while loading the firewood, I can definitely commiserate! Just a couple of weeks ago I fell while checking the water level in our tanks and ended up with one black and blue leg. Thankfully, no breaks for me either, just a bruised leg and wounded pride.
Take care and keep warm, and thanks again for thinking of me.
Cheers,
Beccy xx

ScrappyHorses said...

This is adorable and I might add would be perfect over at the Path of Positivity challenge since our optional theme is Gratitude! Here is the link if you would like to play along! http://pathofpositivitychallenge.blogspot.com/2020/11/challenge-85-opt-twist-gratitudenov.html

Suze said...

Lovely Z fold card Donna. What a wonderful idea to honour Beccy with it. She is so awesome with what she does every November. I decided I would visit every card this year and get a true appreciation for what Beccy does. It is a lot of work but rewarding seeing what everyone is creating.
Hope you don't feel sore after your fall. I bet you appreciated getting out in the fresh air after being cooped up inside.

Suzanne H said...

What a lovely card and tribute to Beccy. This is a fun challenge. I am so busy making cards I don't hop around as much as I should and comment. Both beautiful images for your Thanksgiving card.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Beautiful!!! Fabulous take with the z-fold card. Thank you for joining us at Catch The Bug. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...