Monday, May 11, 2020

Sparkling Background

Good Evening! We had a great time with the twins today. They wear me out. We couldn't be outside as much as I'd liked because it was chilly, but we did go out for a while: took a wagon ride, twirled maple seeds and sent balls down a plinko track that we created. They have a blast doing that. Valerie climbed into the shower, figured out how to turn it on, and was surprised when she got all wet. We laughed! This evening I started the day 6 technique of color blocking. I really don't think I've done this before but if I did I didn't know the name for it.


The three color blocks were created by embossing the Simon Says Leaf Background (retired) with glitter embossing powder. I cut the embossed background into sections and I'm following the exact design that Laurie Willison showed in the tutorial. The die that I used was one I used earlier this week. I wanted to try a tip that Laurie gave us and this is the only die that I have a shadow with. The die is from Die-Cutting Essentials #61 from Tonic Studios. I die cut with white card stock, 2 fun foam cuts and then the shadow out of vellum. You sandwich is the card stock and one fun foam die cut on top, then the vellum and the bottom layer is the last layer of fun foam. It gives it fun texture.  Tomorrow I'll finish off the other two cards and post them.  I am entering these challenges:

QKR Stampede: anything goes
Simon Says Wednesday challenge: dies/punches

Have a wonderful evening. Thanks for stopping by today. Please stay safe and healthy! As things open up again I'm sure that you need to take extra care. Come back again soon!

Donna

1 comment:

Sioban said...

I’ve never done that before a great technique, love those colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...