Thursday, May 21, 2020

Oceans of Fun

It seems like a short week this week. We've been rather busy; much busier than the last two months, but we got a few things done. Monday we came home from visiting my FIL in Cincinnati and didn't get home until late afternoon. Tuesday wasn't too busy. Wednesday we had the twins all day. Today (and tomorrow) we are picking up supplies from schools that are closing their doors for Teacher's Warehouse, one of our volunteer places. TW takes donations and gives them out free to teacher's in a 5 county area. So these schools that are closing have lots of stuff that we can give out to other teachers. Schools may be running on different schedules next year. The principal we talked to today said they could be running two sessions a day rather than one long day to lessen the numbers in the classroom at a time. They just don't know how it's going to work yet. I am glad that I am no longer on that side of the desk anymore.
So I haven't had a lot of time or motivation to do much crafting. But today's lesson on Spring Card Camp 2 really interested me. Today was all about water color wash. I have usually shied away from using water color. I have a set but don't use it much. So after watching the video today and seeing the cards they made I gave it a try.


I used three colors of blue and one color of bluish-green and washed the card. Really made a nice background! We bought a new printer and my DH really did some research because I wanted a printer that made one straight pass rather than turning the paper. Our old printer wouldn't print on card stock because it always got stuck. So this new printer printed this wonderful sentiment right on my water color paper. The sentiment is from We Are 3 Mermaid Wishes sentiments.  The sailboat is from Gina K Enjoy the Sunshine (retired). I love how this turned out. I'm going to have to practice more with the water colors. I am entering these challenges:

Time Out challenge: free
Addicted to Stamps and More: picture inspiration
Seize the Birthday: totally tropical

That's it for me tonight. Tomorrow is another day of collecting supplies for Teacher's Warehouse. It was fun today to check out all the things being donated. We do some triage to take only things we know we can use. Thanks for stopping by. Really appreciate those who ;eave comments for me. Have a super day tomorrow!

Donna

10 comments:

SmilynStef said...

your blending is lovely ... perfect choice of colors

Mrs. McCoy said...

This is a beautiful card! Nice job!

sandie said...

gosh you have been busy but good you got some crafty time in! Your water colouring is going super and I love the subtle ombre look you developed. Adore the serene feel to this and you sure would feel free here! Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

maria f. said...

Love the feel to this card. Reminds me of super quiet-lake, hazy days on Lake Huron.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your color washed bg s so perfect with the sail boat! Thanks for joining in at STB

Joyce said...

This card is so pretty. I really like your color wash. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I just adore anything sea-themed! Your background is amazing! Nice sentiment too!

Inkyfingers said...

What a great take on our inspiration photo! I love the beautiful ocean you created and the printed sentiment is perfect for it.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

I love how your water colouring* worked out. The new printer will be a big help in printing straight onto your card stock. Hugs Mrs A.

Gerrina said...

Looks like the best way to feel free! Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...