Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Color my Life

Happy hump day! A gray day today outside but I spent half of my day going through my jewelry. I decided it was time to get rid of some of the things that I no longer wear. We are storing up lots of stuff to donate as soon as things open up again. So I didn't get to my desk until late this afternoon. The class today for Spring Card Camp 2 was all about Faux Dip Dying. Here's what I came up with.


I used Distress Oxide inks to water color the background on water color paper. You tear the bottom edge before you start water coloring. I used Artist Bear from QKR Stampede. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir markers, fussy cut, and then popped up with foam tape. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Color and Sunshine (retired). I stamped part of the sentiment with Versa Fine ONyx Balck ink and the word "color" with DOI Seedless Preserves. I like this one!
I am entering these challenges:

QKR Stampede: anything goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies: use a critter
Addicted to Stamps and More: clean and simple 

I am not big on water coloring but this technique was fun to do. I may try out more of these later. The weather should turn warmer tomorrow (finally) but the rain also comes with it. Sounds like we'll be in the monsoon season over the weekend. I am hoping (and praying) to get my plants in the garden tomorrow before the rain starts. I guess that will depend on whether my DH get the garden rottatilled this evening or not. Thanks for stopping by. Be safe please! Hugs heading your way!

Donna


4 comments:

Mia said...

Beautiful card and great use of dripping technique! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at 2CCC with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for 2CCC
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Lori m said...

Beautiful colored background and adorable teddy, sounds like your weather is a bit better than mine. Yesterday I was able to see and sit outdoors with a winter coat on. Finally turned my inside heat down a little LOL. Today dreary and rain most of the week. Hoping to get something planted before the end of the month, Enjoy, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE this rainbow card with Ted colouring everything. Fabulous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to see you again in our next challenge.

Faith QKR Stampede DT

Trina P. said...

Not only adorable, but bright and beautiful. Love a happy rainbow card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...