Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Day 1 Masking

Spring Card Camp 2 began today and it was all about masking. I decided to try reverse masking first and love the results I got.
The photo is terrible to actually see the mask and if I would do this over, I'd make the circle mask in the middle bigger so it was more noticeable. Live and learn. But the reason I went with this circle was the scalloped edge from MFT Blueprints 13 (retired). I really liked that. And to make that more prominent I started by inking around the mask with Seedless Preserves DOI. You can barely see that in the photo. I cut the front panel with MFT Blueprints 13 stitched die. Then I inked stamps from Gina K Wreath Builder stamp set in shades of purple (flowers and hearts) and green (foliage). Inks used: Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac and Mowed Lawn from Distress Oxide; Cosmic Berry and Purple Wine from AlteNew; and Spring Rain from Simon Says. The alphabet is Lawn Fawn Quinn's Alphabet dies. "mom" is popped up with purple fun foam.  The underlying sentiment is from MFT More Essential Sentiments and die cut with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips and popped up with foam tape. Another fun class. I'll try to get the other masking project done later today. I am entering these challenges:

This card is for my daughter. Hope to do something on the inside that the twins can help me with and then they can give it to their Mom for Mother's Day. Working on a couple more card today too. So hope to get back again. Take care and stay safe!

Donna

9 comments:

Diane said...

Very pretty and colorful card for Mom!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Glenda Atkins said...

Lovely card and your daughter will love receiving it via your grandchildren. Love your colours and layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
hugs
Glenda DT

Darlene said...

Yes we can always learn from our crafting boo boos! I think it's a lovely card and it's sure to bring a huge smile!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lavenders~Lilacs~Purples’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Judy Woodland said...

Such a sweet card. Good job on the masking and I love the stamping too. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Sheryl said...

This is a very pretty card - love the fabulous colours.
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl
TTCRD DT
Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

Kim x said...

Mums do indeed give the best hugs. Thank you for entering your card into my Celebrations challenge at CCM. Stay safe and hugs Kimx

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thankyou for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a crisp and beautiful card. Love the layout and the colours, so very pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Erica said...

Perfect Mother's Day card. I love the color combo.
Thanks for playing along with the Simply Create Too challenge #160.
Join us again soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...