Friday, May 29, 2020

Con-Grad-ulations

Tomorrow is our high school graduations here in Bloomington. Everything will be virtual and I feel sorry for these graduates who have worked so hard and are denied he ceremony with family and friends that other classes have had. One of our neighbors, a lovely young lady is graduating so I had to make her a card.


The images are from Stampin' Up! Tassel Time. This is one of the first sets I bought when I started stamping in 2003. Still going strong but long since retired in the Stampin' Up! community. The main image is stamped with Versa Fine Onyx Black and the stars with MFT Cherry Red and then die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. I used the confetti stamp for the background and I was going for a tone on tone effect; but it was barely visible even up close so I knew the photo would show nothing. So in between the tone on tone I used Fossilized Amber Distress ink to also stamp the confetti. It's slightly more visible. The sentiment on the outside is from Create with TLC. I really loved this sentiment. It's double die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I didn't want the fishtail on the card. I didn't take a picture but the inside has the sentiment from Tassel Time: "The tassel was worth the hassle! Congratulations." The school colors are maroon and gold. Same school my three kids graduated from. To finish I added three gold gem stones. I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. I went to pick up a bunch more containers from Teacher's Warehouse to go through and inventory them. That will take me some time. We have the twins tomorrow but thankfully it's supposed to be good weather. It's been very rainy here. Good for the garden but not so great for our mood. We need some sunshine. Hope your weekend is full of sunshine!

Donna

5 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Yes, I agree it's sad for these young people who are being cheated out of their graduation ceremony. However, it's undertandable to not have a public event as the virus spreads like wildfire. No easy solution so I guess the virtual ceremony is better than nothing. Such a different world we live in now. But on a happy note, your card is beautiful and I know that your neighbour will appreciate your thoughtfulness! It's a great sentiment too! I'm happy our sketch could inspire you, Donna! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! I'm always happy to see your cards in our challenge, and I hope you'll be back again!

KT Fit Kitty
Tuesday Morning Sketches DT

Margreet said...

It is so sad for those who are graduating. We can only help by sending them a card (posted one myself today too). Your card is a beauty and will be very appreciated.
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Lisa Lynn said...

Beautiful card with the school colors and I'm sure that the neighbor will love it. Wonderful TLC Sentiment. Thanks for joining the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful graduation card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a bright and cheery graduation card. I'm sure your neighbor will love it. This year's graduates have some story to tell! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...