Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Tis the Season

Happy evening! I got a few things ticked off my list today but I wish I had gotten more done. Took some time to craft this afternoon and got one more card done. A card for day 5 of the Month of Holiday Cards at Beccy's Place. Day 5 was a color challenge.
If you've been a follower, you might know that color challenges aren't exactly my thing, so I kind of planned this one out. I went looking for an image that I thought might work with these colors. Then I went to my marker record to see which ones that I had might be appropriate. I had to use both Spectrum Noir and Copic markers to make this work. But I think it came out okay or as close as I could get it.

The image is from Bugaboo stamps called Christmas Kidz 01. I thought this would be a cute image for my grandson Arthur. The image is die cut with MFT Stitched Inside and Out Rounded Squares. The sentiment is from a Peachy Keen stamp set called Chill Baby Chill Snowman set (retired) and die cut with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. I inked the strip with Fossilized Amber distress ink. The snowflake is three layers from the MFT Layered Snowflakes dies. The banners in the corner were die cut from MFT Fishtail Flags and then popped up over 2 die cuts from MFT Stitched Circles. The background designer paper is from American Craft. I added some Crystal Stickles to Santa's outfit. I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow is my day to volunteer at Head Start with the twins. I haven't seen them since last Friday so I'm happy to go and play with the kids. Always great fun! I'll be back with more cards soon. Take care!

Donna

10 comments:

Beccy said...

I think the colours are fabulous Donna, well done on giving the challenge a go! The image you chose is super cute and you did a cracker job with the colouring. I love the addition of the little flags across the top corner too, they're very festive. Love it!
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam said...

Oh how cute! I love the sweet little elf! You followed the layout perfectly! Looks great!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

This image is perfect for the TMS Sketch challenge! I Love your banners too! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

LJ

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card! Thanks for playing with the AG-challenge at Catch the Bug!
Nancy GDT CTB

Helen said...

Very cute - love your card layout.

Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug.

Helen GDT x

Lisa Lynn said...

Great colors and that banner is adorable. Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

Debbie said...

This is such a cute Christmas card!! Sweet image, and I love that snowflake!!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Really fun and festive card! Love the bright, traditional colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Patti said...

I just love everything about your card, the banner and the snowflake are perfect for the elements and your coloring and paper choices are perfect too!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Mrs A. said...

I had to have a good rummage through my marker pens to come up with the right colours too. Only trouble is that the colours look different on my iPad to what they look like on my laptop! Love this card. Hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...