Wednesday, November 21, 2018

S is for Sentiment

It's hard to believe that we are on Day 21 of Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards challenge already! I thought about going with the obvious like snowmen or Santa but then opted for something that I use in almost all of my cards, and that's a sentiment. I gave it center stage this time.

The sentiment is from Beccy's Place Spirit of Christmas Digital Set. I die cut it with an MFT Stitched Circle die. I then backed it with a Spellbinder's Scalloped Circle. I actually dug around in my Christmas paper stash to find something different and came up with the Close to my Heart paper. I backed the designer paper with black card stock. The poinsettia embellishment is from Beccy's Place Poinsettia digital set. I added some leaves from Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves dies. To finish off I added some sparkly silver gems. I am entering these challenges.

We traveled this afternoon to our family home for Thanksgiving. The twins were so good driving in the car. But once out of the car they wanted to run, run, run off some excess energy. I am really tired this evening. We'll be with our family for the next few days. I'll have to get caught up again after I get home. Wishing all my U.S. friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hoping you spend extra time with family and friends and give thanks for all our blessings. Take care!

Donna

11 comments:

Beccy said...

I know Donna, right?! Where have the other 20 days gone?? This challenge always passes way too quickly.
Great idea to use a large sentiment as the focal point of your card. Love your choice too, that's a lovely quote. You've done a good job mixing and matching the background paper... my favourite is the first piece with the little dots. Love that colour combination. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Mrs A. said...

How silly of me but I never even gave Sentiment a thought! . Great what you have done here combining different elements. Hope your having an enjoyable time with your family. Hugs Mrs A.

Pam said...

Beautiful Christmas card!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Melissa Craig said...

Donna this is lovely. I like that you turned the sketch, it works so well with the bigger sentiment and that pretty poinsettia. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

I apologize if this is a repeat... I was having trouble commenting.
Love this card! Wonderful paper and sentiment!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

This is beautiful Donna! I loved how you flipped the sketch 90 degrees and that quote is wonderful!

Happy Thanksgiving ~ LJ

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with the different patterns and papers, and the poinsettia accent is perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us over at the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge, and good luck!

Julie Reed said...

Great papers and a wonderful sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us at DIGI CHOOSDAY this week.
Julie DT

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

A beautiful card!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful Christmas card Donna, I love the sentiment!
hugs
Glenda

Cicci said...

Love your christmas card and love the sentiment!!
So Wonderful!! And wonderful design!!! Love the colours!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to visit and follow my blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...