Monday, November 12, 2018

Joy to the World

Day 12 of the A Month of Holiday Cards is the letter J. So I chose to make a Joy Fold card and use the word Joy.

The image that I used to anchor the Joy fold is Beccy's Place Poinsettia Wreath. This is a freebie from Beccy. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and then used a Metallic Silver marker for the ribbon but it kind of covered up the black lines so I retraced all the lines using a Zig Pen. The image is die cut with MFT Stitched Circles. All the designer paper is from American Craft scraps from my scrap box. I love to play Scrabble so when I found these Scrabble letters to download I used them to spell out the word Joy. Then I masked the word Joy in the sentiment that I used from the Technique Tuesday stamp set called Christ is Born. I heat embossed the rest of the sentiment on black cardstock and then die cut it with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags die cutting it twice so it would have the fishtail on both ends. Here is the inside of the card.
I am entering these challenges:

Off to see if I can get something else done this afternoon. Happy Veterans Day to all the veterans out there. I salute you!

Donna

2 comments:

Beccy said...

Lots of joy in this card Donna, it's fabulous! The scrabble tiles look great and are a clever way to add a sentiment and embellish at the same time. I like all the different papers you used, particularly the sheet music. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Mrs A. said...

I love making joy fold cards so couldn't wait to get yo the letter j. I like how you have held the card closed with the circle. Hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...