Friday, November 2, 2018

Cardinal Greetings

Day 2 of Beccy's Place Christmas challenge is for the letter B. I chose a bird (cardinal) for my card today. This is Cardinal and Holly and it's a freebie on Beccy's blog.

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers and die cut it with MFT Cross Stitch Oval dies. The image is backed with dark green card stock the same color as the card base. The background is embossed with the Sizzix Holly Swirls EF. The designer paper is scraps of American Craft Christmas paper from my scrap box. I used a corner punch to make points on the plaid paper.  The middle paper I die cut with a die from MFT Blueprints 13. The die looks like torn washi tape. I heat embossed the sentiment on the plaid pieces. The sentiment is from Holiday Sentiments from Creative Vision. That's difficult to see in the photo. I finished it by adding 3 red enamel dots. I am entering these challenges:

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I'll be playing catch up next week with this challenge since we have a busy weekend ahead. Tom and I are volunteering at a Girl Scout campout all day on Saturday. Then we'll drive to Cincinnati and spend the evening with his Dad. Sunday morning we'll drive to Columbus, OH to attend a 90th birthday party for a guy Tom used to work with when we lived there. And hopefully Sunday night we'll drive home. That's not a definite yet. We are going to see how the day goes. We may just drive back to his Dad's house and stay the night there and drive the rest of the way on Monday. Regardless, hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'll catch up next week, I hope.  Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

7 comments:

Beccy said...

Wow, what a busy weekend you have planned, but it sure sounds like lots of fun!
You did a wonderful job with your card, I like your take on the sketch. The plaid paper adds lots of fabulous colour, as does the bright green background you used. I really like the embossing, it adds heaps of texture to your project.
Cheers,
Beccy

Shelly Schmidt said...

This card is wonderful and beautiful!!! I love the image and really love your layout and the way you added the sentiment! Awesome!

scrappymo! said...

This is a wonderful freebie on Becca's site. My friend from the Carolina's is going through some family medical issues. I this your beautiful card has inspired me to download this beautiful cardinal and make her a card with it.

Your card looks fabulous!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a pretty card, Donna!

NanaConnie said...

Donna, that's a wonderful take on the Outlawz sketch and I adore that magnificent cardinal! Marvelous embossing. OK, I'm putting on my DT hat - I'm so happy that you decided to play in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this month. Thank you and good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Pam said...

This is such a beautiful Christmas card Donna! I love the beautiful cardinal on the sprig of holly and the beautiful holly embossed background!
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Mrs A. said...

I love your bright red Cardinal on this card. We don't have them in the UK but we to have Robins either their bright red chests at this time of the year. Hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...