Friday, November 30, 2018

One Final Card

November has gone by so fast! And I think it's been the best month this year. I not only have my Christmas cards completed but I've made some new online friends and I have a ton of new card ideas that I want to try thanks to Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards challenge. What an incredibly fun month it's been. Thanks to Beccy for everything! I have one last card to post. I would probably have time to make one more but I've decided I need to clean up my craft space. After creating this past month pretty much non-stop my craft area looks like a bomb went off there. So after this post, I'm going to go see if I can straighten it up and get ready to move forward with Christmas preparation.
One of my favorite stamp sets of Beccy's is her Nativity stamp set.  She has a new nativity set coming out in December that I am very excited about. She showed us a sneak peek during the challenge. But I used her original set for this card.

This is actually a second try at this card. I cut the first card up to use as masks for this second card. I printed the nativity scene and the sectiment on cardstock. The sentiment is from Create with TLC. I first did the yellow aura with Fossilized Amber distress ink and then covered the image and sentiment with the masks. I then inked the background with Seedless Preserves, Salty Ocean, and Black Soot distress oxide inks. After I unmasked the areas I used some of the Salty Ocean to blend in the sentiment. I scattered water droplets across the ink to maybe give it starry appearance and finished it off with the die cut star from Penny Black Manger die. The card base is a purple cardstock. I am entering these challenges:
I just want to thank Beccy Muir again for a wonderfully enjoyable month of crafting. I can't wait for next year! Off to clean up my craft area for the next project. Have a super weekend!

Donna


9 comments:

Beccy said...

You're absolutely welcome Donna, I've loved every minute of the challenge too.

Your nativity card is gorgeous, the colours are just amazing. I love the golden glow around the holy family, it emphasises them perfectly. You did a great job blending the other colours together. I like the scattering of water droplets too... my first thought was stars. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Suzanne H said...

The glow is just beautiful. Lovely card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is so pretty! Love the background... and the glow around the Holy family!

Sherri said...

Fantastic Christmas card! Love your gorgeous background! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fabulous is this background! How wonderful is this card!!!

Mrs A. said...

Amazing background and the colours merge perfectly together. Hugs ValeryAnne.

Pam said...

Donna, you card is beautiful! I love the background and the glow around the Holy family!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Donna, your card is beautiful! I love the background and the glow around the Holy family!
Hugs,
Pam,
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

crafty said...

A beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge.
Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...