Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Furry and Bright

This is my second post for today. I'm trying to catch up with the 30 Days of Christmas challenge at Beccy's Place. So this post is for Day 7 and the prompt for the day was the letter F. My choice may be a bit strange for Christmas but you'll understand better after you see my card and explanation.


This card is for my youngest son and his wife. They have two cats and just got a dog too. So I thought this card would be appropriate for them. I used two stamp sets from My Favorite Things; one was a Christmas set and the other wasn't. The dog is from Happy Pawlidays and the cats are from Furever Friends. To make the cats look more Christmasy I tried extending some lines as Beccy did for Day 6 in her inspiration card. It's not perfect so don't look too close. So I added the lights and star to the cats from the Happy Pawlidays set. I also used the coordinating dies for those sets. The cuties are colored with Spectrum Noir markers and I used a white gel pen for some accents. The dog's hat and jingle bell are covered with Crystal Stickles. The candy cane paper is from American Craft. I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. If you are making Christmas cards this month you should check out Beccy's Place for a fun challenge. See you again soon.

Donna

11 comments:

Janice said...

Love these cute festive stamps, a great sketch too!

creationsnz said...

A very cute card and great to hear the story. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Christmas challenge, CarolG

Beccy said...

I looked close Donna, and I'm super impressed with what you did. Good on you for extending your everyday stamps to make them into something festive! I love the story behind the dog and two cats and I'm sure your son and daughter-in-law are going to love this personalised greeting. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam said...

Oh how cute! I love the cute kitties and little puppy! The candy cane stripe on the edge looks great!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness! Donna, this card is adorable!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gosh, this is adorable! How fun to make a card that is so personalized for the kids! Wonderfully done!

Cicci said...

Ohh so sweet!!
So Wonderful!! And wonderful design!!! Love the colours!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to visit and follow my blog}
Through The Craft Room Door

Michelle said...

Congrats! You won the MFT sketch challenge. Wonderful card!!

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely with you on this card. The cats are adorable. Hugs Mrs A.

Suze said...

Adorable card - and great idea to extend your stamps. Thank you for joining in the Christmas challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

Helen said...

Such cute little animals and a fab sentiment too.

Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and we hope to see you again next month.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...