Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Day 27 is X

My card tonight for Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards is for the letter X. Last year I used this same stamp set because it's so perfect for this letter, but I did something entirely different. The stamp set is Simon Says Big Holiday Wishes and it features X's and O's . So I cut the two letters apart and here's what I did.

I created a Christmas tree using my MISTI and some ink. For the X's I used Bundled Sage distress ink on the first inking and then rolled MFT Elf Green around the edges and stamped again. So it gave the X's a two toned effect. I tried that with the star also but it doesn't show up as well. I used Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber on the star. The sentiment is also from the Simon Says stamp set. The little boy image with the dog is from MFT Little Buddies, which is not a Christmas set at all. But I thought the dog kind of looked like he was giving kisses to his best buddy. And I added some mistletoe to the card just under the sentiment. Using the X's to make the Christmas tree was lots of fun! I am entering these challenges:

I have one more card to catch up with for this challenge. So maybe I'll be caught up soon. It snowed most of today. We are definitely cold, cold, cold and white, white, white right now. But by Saturday it's supposed to be back up to 60 degrees again. This up and down will surely have everyone sick. Tomorrow is my day at Head Start so we'll see how the kids are doing. Hope all is well with you!

Donna

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, my eyes were immediately drawn to that creative Christmas tree. Fabulous card!

Pam said...

This is such a cute Christmas card Donna!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Beccy said...

Fantastic card Donna, I love to see people use non-Christmas images on their holiday cards... it's a great way to get even more value from your purchase. Love how you made the Christmas tree, what a fabulous idea! You definitely nailed the "X" prompt. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Beatriz said...

Lovely card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Beatriz DT

M DelValle said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...