Saturday, November 10, 2018

I is for Ice Skating

Happy weekend! We actually had a free weekend this time and thought we would take our new camper out since we've only been out once this fall. But the temperatures were supposed to be in the 20s so we decided to just stick around the house. Good thing. We woke up to snow this morning. Not a lot of accumulation but enough to make the streets slick. The temperature was 20 degrees. We are now up to 32 but baby, it's cold outside! This morning I finished my Day 10 card for Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards. The theme was the letter I.

I used an image from my stash from Spyder's Corner. I tried to find the site but it reverts to something different right after it connects so I wasn't successful at getting a link for the cute ice skating bear. The image is colored with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers and fussy cut. The sentiment is from AlteNew Halftone Holidays and the word Christmas is die cut with the coordinating dies and popped up off the card with foam tape. The other parts of the sentiment is heat embossed with white EP on black card stock and die cut with MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. The background die is Gina Marie Designs Wine Bottle Labels die. The designer paper is from American Craft.  I used washi tape for the 2 borders at the bottom of the card. I am entering these challenges:

We are having dinner with friends tonight and playing some games. As long as we are warm I'll be a happy camper (in my own bed at home. LOL!) Hope you have a super weekend. Tomorrow 
the twins and their parents are coming for dinner. Looking forward to playing with them.

Donna

11 comments:

Beccy said...

I can't imagine the weather being so cold Donna, even in winter it very rarely gets to freezing here. I think I would just hibernate until spring!
Your card is really cute, I love the skating bear image. I also like the way you've added the three-part sentiment with the large "Christmas" die cut. The background paper is wonderful too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Creative Arts and Crafts said...

Cute card, love the pattern paper design and color, Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4funchallenges.
Varsha DT

Pam said...

Very cute card and image! I still have to take photos of my Thanksgiving cards. It's cold here as well, we woke up to frost everywhere! Brrrrrrr!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Adorable! ADORABLE!!!

Janice said...

Gorgeous card!
Thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland Christmas challenge, hope you can join us again soon - Janice DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Priya said...

O how cute it is.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun challenges.
priya DT

Mrs A. said...

I have several images from Spyders Corner too but not this cute one. Love the colours. hugs Mrs A.

Majda said...

Beautiful card, just lovely for our new challenge on Scrapping4fun.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful Icy Winter card
thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

MA-MI said...

Cute and colorful card! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
Regards,
Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...