Thursday, November 29, 2018

Christmas Kitty

While looking through some blogs this afternoon I came across a card that had a Zebra Striped frame and a Christmas greeting inside the frame. I thought sure it had to be a Z card for Beccy's challenge. And I thought it was a brilliant idea! But when I went back to look for it again (to give credit) I couldn't find it. Ugh! And I wasn't able to locate it on Beccy's blog either. At any rate I thought it was genius for the Z prompt and I liked it so much I thought I'd do an animal card with animal print paper.


This is Christmas Kitty from QKR Stampede colored with Spectrum Noir markers. I die cut the kitty, frame and the stripe across the background from MFT Blueprints 32. The banner flags in the upper left corner were die cut from MFT Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips. All the animal print papers are from my scrap box. For Girl Scout day camp one year we did an animal theme and these papers are left over from camp. The card looks very dark in the photo but it isn't quite that dark in real life. I added three gold enamel dots and and ornament from MFT Happy Pawlidays.

The inside of the card continues the same theme. The sentiment is also from MFT Happy Pawlidays. I am entering these challenges.

I will probably have one more card today, at least I hope to. This month has really flown by and I've enjoyed creating all these Christmas cards. I now have a nice stash that I can start writing out to friends and family. Thanks to Beccy Muir for the inspiration and the fun challenges and the motivation to get myself into the Christmas spirit. She is definitely one of a kind. If you haven't been to Beccy's Place please visit her site and check out her wonderful images! Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

Donna

5 comments:

Beccy said...

That's one tangled tiger Donna, poor guy looks like he needs a little help with decorating this year! Love the papers you added, the colours are fabulous and work well with the theme. I also like the cute sentiment you've added to the centre of the card... cute play on words.
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. I know exactly what card you're talking about Donna, it belongs to Terrie. You can find it here:
https://terrie-paperaddict.blogspot.com/2018/11/beccys-place-challengeday-29_33.html

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Brandi said...

Such a fun card, I love the Christmas Kitty tangled in lights, adorable! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Linda Norman said...

Love that naughty kitty tangled up in lights! The colors work perfectly for the card and yet it still looks christmasy! Very creative! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Linda N
DT member AHSC
www.scrappytherapy.com

Christine said...

What a cute kitty! Such a bright and fun card!
Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...