Thursday, November 8, 2018

H is for Holly

At Beccy's Place A Month of Holiday Cards challenge, Day 9 is the letter H. I also was intrigued by another challenge I saw at the Mod Squad challenge blog. They are asking for a floral card with a modern grid. I hadn't seen a card like this so I decided to combine these two challenges and see what I could come up with.

So I printed the image of the holly blossoms on my card  stock. The image is a free one from Beccy's Place. I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and used Mineral spirits for shading. So the tutorial on the Mod Squad blog said to draw lines to form a grid around the image. And then fill in the squares as you wish. So again I used Prismacolor Pencils and a black pen to add some accents. The sentiment is from AlteNew Halftone Christmas and I used the coordinating die to die cut the word Christmas. I used black card stock to back the card front and then mounted everything on green card stock. This was fun. I like trying new ideas. I'm entering these challenges:
Hope you are enjoying your week. Thanks for stopping by. 

Donna

11 comments:

Beccy said...

I like trying new ideas too Donna, and I haven't heard of this one until now. Will have to do a bit of "surfing" to check out some more examples of the modern grids. I like projects where you can add a little bit of your own creativity, it makes it much more personal. You've done a great job decorating each of the little squares to create a totally unique card.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun and creative patchwork card! Very pretty!

Pam said...

Your card is very pretty Donna! It does have a modern look but I am old fashioned and look at it as a beautiful quilt.
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Suzanne H said...

This is great! The colors are terrific and I agree a bit with Pam. It's a modern take on a quilt. Just wonderful

Shelly Schmidt said...

I always love trying new things- and how fun is the background you created behind your pretty image!Awesome card!

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the background you've created, it looks amazing and is so unique! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! Your brightly coloured grid design looks fabulous 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

Claudia Martins said...

A lovely card, thank you for joining in with the TTCRD this week. Good luck and I hope to see you here again!
Claudia Martins - DT

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful card, love what you have done with this grid technique!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous blocks of color! Thank you for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Mrs A. said...

I have not heard or seen this modern grid idea on a card before but it looks great here on or card. Works well with Beccy's image. Hugs Mrs A.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...