Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Day 28 The Letter Y

I do believe that this is my most difficult letter. Probably a better description is that it's my most unimaginative. I looked at last year's card and I used the same image and the same theme, "yellow."


The image is one of my favorites from Beccy's Place: Christmas Lantern (and it's a freebie!) I colored it with Spectrum Noir and Copic markers and die cut the image panel with Spellbinders Classic Rectangles. I found the sentiment in my stash so I'm not sure where it came from. If you know please add to the comments so I can give proper credit. I colored the sentiment strip with the same yellow as the glow of the lantern and then die cut it with one of the dies from MFT Blueprints 32. I added two heart brads and matched them to the colors of the flowers. The background designer paper is from Imagine That! Digis by Kris. The card base is black cardstock and I made the layering black also to pop the yellow.
I am entering these challenges:
So, for the moment I am all caught up. LOL! At least until this afternoon when the new challenges comes out. I am off to Head Start this morning to play with the twins and their friends. But first I have to bundle up. Stay warm and safe out there.
Donna

8 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! I'd never think of yellow for Christmas, but it works beautifully!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Beccy said...

I think you did beautifully Donna, you've definitely nailed the "Y" prompt. Love the sentiment you added, it coordinates perfectly with the image and is a wonderful message to send at Christmastime. Beautiful background papers and I love the pop of pink. Gorgeous!
Cheers,
Beccy

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card Donna, I am not into yellow so much, but on this card it looks lovely, enhances the reflection of the yellow coming from the light. Wonderfully done.
hugs
Glenda

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this card is so pretty... loving the yellow/light!

Pam said...

This is so pretty Donna! I love the wonderful warm glow from the lantern!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Melissa Craig said...

Very sweet Spring time card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lori said...

This is such a pretty card! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! -Lori DT

Cicci said...

So lovely and shiny card!! LOVE the colors!!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
HUGS Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci With the Pen {welcome to visit and follow my blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...