Monday, November 5, 2018

Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies

We had a wonderful weekend. Saturday we volunteered all day at the Cadette-Senior-Ambassador Roundup for Girl Scouts. It was fairly nice weather. We judged the bake off in the morning and then we facilitated candle making in the afternoon. After we finished their we drove to Cincinnati and stayed overnight with Tom's Dad. One Sunday we went to church with him and then drove to Columbus, OH for a friend's 90th birthday party. We hadn't seen him in quite some time and they hadn't gotten our email with the RSVP so they were really surprised to see us. The party was great fun! The four-hour drive home was not as fun but we did make it home late last night. I was busy today, hoping to find time to play catch up with the Beccy's Place Month of Holiday Card challenge. I managed to get my "c" card done.

The image I used is from Beccy's Place, a freebie called Cookie Bundle. I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers and then used a dar brown markers to make them chocolate chip cookies. The tag was blank so I added a sentiment from Create with TLC that says "Cookies for Santa". I also found another sentiment from Create with TLC that said, "This calls for chocolate. So deleted the "this" from the sentiment and printed the rest out. I die cut the sentiment with Spellbinder's Labels 13 and inked the die cut with MFT Cherry Cobbler ink.  I stamped the "Christmas" from AlteNew's Halftone Christmas with the Cherry Cobbler ink and die cut it with the coordinating die. I popped up the cookie bundle and "Christmas". I do believe Christmas calls for chocolate. And chocolate chip cookies are one of our go to treats. I am entering these challenges.

I have a busy morning tomorrow but hope to get back to getting caught up tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card today. Have a super week!

Donna

6 comments:

Marge said...

I love this beautiful Christmas card, Donna! Your ink blending on the diecut is so pretty . Design composition and color palette are so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge

Beccy said...

Your card is very clever Donna, I love the different things you did to get the image and the sentiment exactly how you wanted. I really love the bright and happy colours you chose, they are perfect for Christmas. I'm also impressed that you went with chocolate chip cookies... everyone knows they're the best of all the cookies!
Cheers,
Beccy
P.S. Glad to read you made it home safely after your big weekend!

Pam said...

You Christmas card is so pretty! I love the pink and green and the yummy stack of chocolate chip cookies!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Mrs A. said...

Now if only all cookies could be non fattening like these are ! Hugs Mrs A.

MA-MI said...

Great colorful card! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
Regards,
Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...