Saturday, October 31, 2020

Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards

 This is one of my favorite challenges of the year! Beccy of Beccy's Place does a month-long challenge and if I am reading the rules correctly, the projects can be for any holiday, not just Christmas. In years past I always thought it had to be Christmas projects but I read it differently this year. Technically, we here in Indiana aren't in November yet so my first card is a bit early. But it is November in Australia and the challenge is already up. I've been thinking about this card for a week and I really just did get it put together today. So I hope this one counts!


The prompts for the challenge usually follow the alphabet so I was thinking "A" when I did this card: A-frame and aperture card along with the antlers on that adorable deer. I fussy cut the deer and mounted him on a white textured background on the inside of the card. This cutie is a free image at Beccy's Place called Quilted Deer. I die cut the aperture with Gina Marie Designs Wonky Stitched Circles. So the fun stitched pattern gets embossed into to the card stock. I was going to do the same with the sentiment however I didn't have enough space to get the stitching around the oval. So I settled for just using the die cut from the Wonky Stitched Oval dies. I inked the oval with Candied Apple distress oxide ink and added some self-adhesive gems. The sentiment is from a Beccy's Place stamp set called Dasher and Dancer, one of my favorites (and I use that sentiment several times a year, so cute!) I am entering these challenges:
Last year I dedicated my November alphabet challenge to my grandson Arthur who was having fun learning the alphabet. This year I am going to dedicate it to his twin sister Valerie. Valerie let Arthur talk for her for more than a year and we were worried that she wasn't going to speak. And all of a sudden in the middle of the pandemic she started talking away. She would sing songs and recite nursery rhymes. And she is reading too. They both amaze me for just turning 4 years old. So here's to Valerie, this month. Thanks to Beccy for the fun challenge. I hope you'll join in. Thanks for stopping by. I have to scoot and get dinner ready as we are having guests this evening to play bridge. Stay safe, take care and God bless!

Donna


 

4 comments:

Suzanne H said...

Congrats to Valerie! I've put my first card up even though I'm in Pennsylvania. I thought since the link was open - why not! Great "A" card. Super Cute!

Suze said...

This is one of my favourite challenges too. I am going to try and check in on what everyone else is doing but I suspect it is going to get too hectic once everyone starts joining in! I like what you did for your first card.

Beccy said...

You're absolutely right Donna - any holiday and so long as the challenge is open, you're welcome to join in!
And what a fabulous card to start with! I love the faux stitching around the aperture, it's lovely and playful and works well with the little deer. I remember you dedicating last year's challenge cards to Arthur, and now it's cute little Valerie's turn!
Cheers,
Beccy

terrie said...

Congrats on being a winner of Beccy's Place Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...