Monday, October 26, 2020

We Three Kings

 Happy Monday! The start of another week and a feeling of relief. I finished my FIL's Christmas cards. All 30 of them are finished and ready to be written out. I just have to get them to him. Right now Ohio is closed to those of us who live in Indiana as we are a red state for Covid. Hopefully by Thanksgiving we'll be able to visit him and take him the cards. So here they are!


I will admit I had a little help die cutting some of the die cut pieces. My DH volunteered to die cut for me. I did all the yellow borders die cut from Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Stitched Frames. Tom helped with the Gina Marie Designs 3 Wise Men die cut and the star (for that I used another Gina Marie set called Crossed Stitched Rectangles (retired). Besides the rectangles it also has a heart, a flower and a star.) All the inking I did with Distress Oxide inks: Seedless Preserves, Orange Marmalade, and Fossilized Amber. I alternated which order I put the ink so I think some look like sunrise and some sunset. The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's Christ is Born Stamp set. They look like such simple cards until you have to do 30 of them. I think the inking was the hardest part.  I did mention that my DH helped out so I wound up with several extra cards because of his die cutting skills.

Of course he was very confident that he didn't need tape to hold the dies in place and this was the result. I kind of liked the uphill climb so I used a few of the die cuts that weren't quite "perfect." I'll use these myself and won't give them to my FIL. LOL! I am entering these challenges:

We got our flu shots this morning. Since we are over 65 now we get the heftier shot. Always fun! I am hoping to get some more crafty time this afternoon to work on some other things. I need to look ahead at November birthdays to make sure I have them all covered. I hope your week is off to an amazing start! Stay safe, stay healthy, and God bless!

Donna


8 comments:

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning collection of CAS cards for your FIL to send and thanks for joining us at Octobers Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful cards! I love the inky backgrounds and your
DH did a fab job on the die-cutting.
I actually really like the slanted on as I am sure there were hills too when they followed the Star.

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.

Lori m said...

Beautiful cards, you are so far ahead of me, I started then came to a stale as I make a mini craft room on my 1st floor lol. Almost there and ready to rock and roll, hugs, Lori m

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic collection of cards Donna. Thank you for joining the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.

Sue xx

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, these are gorgeous, Donna! 30 cards? Wowzers! That was nice of your hubby to help with die-cutting - that's a lot of die-cutting!!! The wise men die-cut is gorgeous but what makes these cards so beautiful is the ink blended background - it's stunning! I think your FIL will be well pleased with thesec cards - and so will the recipients!

roffeycreations said...

Gorgeous backgrounds - and lovely cards - esp when they are a gift for giving - I plan to give cards when I send birthday cards this year so the handmade creations can get out there. See you at CHNC again - Cheers Maurs xxx

cass said...

Stunning desgin, wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " make your own background " challenge.

Debbie said...

These are gorgeous!!!! I really love them! (Even the uphill one... that made me literally LOL!)
Christmas cards with snowmen, reindeer, etc., are fun, but my favorite are those about Christ's birth!
Now I have to go add this die to my wishlist. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...