Friday, May 27, 2016

Rudolph Days!

Happy Friday! So glad it's the weekend. I took today off as a vacation day. So I have a 4 day weekend. I've been to the grocery store already. We are waiting on our cistern to be delivered. It was supposed to be here yesterday but something delayed it. So we are hoping today is the day! The weather has been muggy and rainy here. More rain today and tomorrow. So, to make me think of cooler weather I tried out a Christmas card. LOL!


I used a gorgeous Christmas ornament set from Imagine That! Digis by Kris called Elegant Ornaments. I used the sketch from Imagine That! Creative Playground.


The card base is black and the background is a piece of leftover wall paper. I die cut the Elegant Ornament with Spellbinder's Beaded Ovals ad inked the beads with Broken China distress ink. I die cut a sentiment from the same set with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Diamonds and then inked the die cut with Peacock Feathers, Broken China and Cracked Pistachio distress inks to kind of match the wall paper. The black border in the background is a self-adhesive border that I found in my stash. To finish it off I used Basic Grey paper to make the side embellishments punched with a Stampin' Up! tab punch. I really like this one.
I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me today. We'll be heading out to Baby Creek and my Internet will be gone. Hope you all have a marvelous weekend. Happy Memorial Day to my US friends. Please remember all those who have sacrificed everything to keep us free,

Donna

13 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very classy card, great design and love the stamped image and they different shape of the sentiment.

Kath x

MaryH said...

How cool you were able to recycle the wallpaper. The design of the w/paper looks very nice with the image. I've never seen this shape with an ornament...most unusual and so pretty. Also love that you've diecut with the splendid beaded oval (which I forget to use). Really very pretty in the serene blues with the black silhouette. TFS & Have a great wkend.

scrappymo! said...

This is a great take on that sketch. The image looks wonderful and the intricate border is perfect with this.

Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for May!
Monica - DT

Barb said...

A really lovely Christmas card Donna. I love the colours and the image is a beauty. Barbxx

Jane Willis said...

A lovely cool, crisp, elegant card. Thanks for joining in May's Rudolph Day
Jane DT

Pam said...

Wonderful Christmas card! Recycled wallpaper, awesome! We should all recycle more in our card making! I have used wrapping paper before.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

A very pretty card for Christmas.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Joan said...

Lovely card, great recycling and pretty colours too

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card, I love the digi with the wise men you've used.

Sue xx

Kristine said...

Donna... LOVE this Christmas ornament card, the sponging or brayering you did on the sentiment piece is lovely and the dots around the frame really pop! Beautiful. this is one of my fave Christmas sets, thanks so much for bringing it back :)

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card!! Love the soft colors!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Rudolph days challenge.
-Berina
Moxie Craftie
Rudolph Days Challenge GDT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...