Sunday, May 29, 2016

Last Minute Cards

I don't know where the time goes these days. But I have two cards today for challenges that are about to close. One of these days I won't be always working at the last minute. LOL! Both of these cards are CAS and both are made with recycled materials. First up is the progressive challenge at The Outlawz.

This image is called Fifi from Ppinkydollsart. I colored her with Copics and die cut the image with Spellbinder's Circles and inked with Picked Raspberry distress ink.. Just love her ig eyes. The background paper is actually a bunch of scraps that I had left over and glued together to make a background paper. I added a sentiment from Hero Arts Birthday sentiments set and die cut with Spellbinders Conversation Bubbles 4 and popped it up from the card base. I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.

I am entering these challenges:
My second card is for the I {heart} sketches with a twist challenge #153. This week I only used the twist: to fussy cut the image. 



The image is Apple Blossom Birds at From the Heart Stamps. I colored the image twice with Copic Markers and fussy cut the entire image for one and just the flowers for the second. They I popped up the flowers as a decoupage effect. The background paper is left over wall paper from a Girl Scout project. It looks very much like it's water colored. For this card I used the sketch at Less Is More.


I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today Have a wonderful week!

Donna



22 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Two very sweet cards...yup, as many cards as I do at times, I'm always at the last minute doing a card I NEED...haha

Esther said...

Two fabulous cards with great use of imagery and bold design. Spotted you at Less is More - love your entry!

Melissa Craig said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

ScrappyHorses said...

Great take on the sketch! I recognize that PPinkydoll! Love the way you striped the left hand side and your sentiment cloud is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cut It Up!
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Billie A said...

Sweet cards. I really love the birds and the color choices. Great look and so glad you shared over at Inspiration Destination.
Billie A (DT)

Debbie said...

These are both wonderful!!! I love the big eyes!
(Once you figure out how to avoid the last minute crafting, let me know! LOL)
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Patti said...

Both cards are so great Donna. I especially love your scrap made background and your coloring!Thanks so much for joining us over at Tuesday Morning Sketches!! :o)

Chrissie said...

I love the water colour effect of the panel on your LIM card Donna.
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Fantastic use of scraps! I hate to throw any paper out, and this is the perfect way to make use of the very last bits. Love your cards!

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Sketch challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card!

Thank you for playing along with us at From The Heart Stamps!

Hugs,
Kelly

Sharyn Polesel said...

Cute little image and beautiful papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Susan said...

Perfect card for the challenge. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Donna. Cute image and colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Jodene said...

This is such a sweet card. and I love your use of patterned paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

Barbara said...

What big beautiful eyes she has. Love your bright background too. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!
Barbara DT member

Neets B said...

Love those birds surrounded by the pretty blue and pink. Great paper behind too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super pretty and loving that watercolour BG on the diagonal.
Great work and Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

Jo said...

So cute! I've fussy cut that image myself in the past so know it's a fiddly one to do, you've done a perfect job.
Thanks for joining in with us at FTHS, sorry for my late comment.
Jo xx

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Anonymous said...

Pretty card - love the watercolors! That fussy cutting is great and the layout is perfect! Thanks for joining the challenges at From the Heart Stamps!
lyn

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...