Saturday, May 7, 2016

Just Beecause

The rain seems to have passed for now and we just have cloudy skies. I do believe there is more coming. It was supposed to be rainy all weekend. I have another card to share.


Faith has a Friday Freebie over at the From the Heart Stamp Community blog. It's an adorable Birdbrain image. I just love him! I don't know how long he will be free so make sure to hurry over there and download the set. I used the sketch for this week at I {heart} sketches with a twist #150.

The twist is to use a button or a bow. I had some ribbon but didn't make a bow so I missed the twist. I colored Birdbrain with Copics. I found some scraps in my scrap box and backed them with black card stock to make the colors pop. I cut the image with MFT Inside and Out Stitched Rounded Corner Squares (do I love those dies, or what) and backed that with black card stock too. Tp finish off I used the flower ribbon to add some texture. I really like the way this one came out. 
So I am entering these challenges:
That's all for today! I am off with my hubby to have dinner and play bridge with some friends. Just relaxing and sharing good times. Hope your weekend is fun and relaxing!

Donna




12 comments:

Diane Louise J said...

hello Donna... Thanks for joining Crafty Friends 'In the Garden 'challenge with your lovely card… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge… Diane Louise (DT) xx

Judy1223 said...

Donna, this is adorable! I just downloaded this freebie today and printed it, have to get to coloring and making a card. Yours is so sweet! I love the papers you used, so cheerful!

Lori m said...

Adorable card lovw the little chick, hugs, Lori m

Stef H said...

you do the cutest cards!
not too much rain here. was able to open the house until the winds picked up. at least i finally turned the heat off!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

i will be keeping your DIL and son in my prayers for a healthy baby and easy pregnancy!

have a great week!

hugs :)

Pam said...

Love your sweet card! The layout is great and that is such a cute little bird!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i love the little birdie its so cute. Your background design is gorgeous, so bright and summery. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw and hope to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Glenda Atkins said...

I just went and got this images from FTHS. It is a cutie isn't it! Love your card Donna.
hugs
Glenda

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love your card and yes, I grabbed the freebie. I also just love that yellow delicate ribbon.

Anonymous said...

This is adorable! This is a great take on the sketch - love those papers! Thanks for joining the challenges at From the Heart Stamps.
Lyn

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute card! Fab papers too, they match perfectly!

Thank you for playing along with us at FTHS!

Hugs,
Kelly

Creaine said...

love the text this way. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-challenges.blogspot.nl/

Blankina said...

Love this fun image so suitable , I am so glad you could join our "in the Garden" challenge at Crafty friends, hugs Blankina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...