Tuesday, May 24, 2016

BBQ Envelope Card

Happy Tuesday! Yesterday was a gorgeous day. I think today will be our last nice day before the rain moves in. Not looking forward to 4 days of rain. I have a really fun card today. Given this weekend is Memorial Day and the Indy 500 is running, it's time to break out the BBQ!


All the images for this card come from the Summer BBQ set from Imagine That! Digis by Kris. It was such fun to create this scene. I used the pre-colored images from the stamp set and I fussy cut every one of them. Took a while to cut them all out. The card is an envelope card and I followed the tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers. The clouds are die cut from Spellbinder's Conversation Bubbles 4 and the grass was cut from Simon Says Stitched Hills and Slopes dies.



This is a top view f the card when it's open. And when you get ready to close the card it looks like this.


And the card totally closed can be addressed and mailed if your embellishments aren't too bulky.


If you flip this over you can address the other side. This was such fun to create. I'm going to send this to our nephew for his birthday. He loves to grill so I think he'll appreciate it.
Today my card is featured over at Imagine That! Creative Playground. I hope you'll check out the other awesome guest designer cards.
I am entering these challenges:
Thank you for stopping by today. Hopefully your weather is ready for grilling. I know that's one of my favorite meals. Make it an awesome day!







11 comments:

Pam said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!!!! I love the fold and 3-D look. The images are so cute, the little guy holding the hamburger and hot-dog is positioned just right on the card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Kristine said...

This is absolutely AMAZING Donna!! I keep looking back at it and finding things I didn't see the first time :) LOOOVE how you put the li'l chef on the front panel that pops forward and then the table with condiments and bbq behind - that's SMOKIN' heehee. I just LOVE it!! xx

A splash of color said...

What a nice card.. your hand is probably still tired from all the cutting :) It looks like a party for sure. Have a great weekend.

Mel Gee said...

Oh my this is amazing. It looks so intricate with the fold and 3d look. Love the smoke coming out of the bbq and the little chef is great.

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week.

Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com

shirley-bee said...

That's a labour of love, cutting out all those images, but it was well worth it! Great dimensional card. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday!

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh this is fun,, simply love the envelope card design and the little chef is adorable!
hugs
Glenda
.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous design, so much detail. Thanks for joining us for the 'Birthday Celebrations' challenge at Digi Choosday.
Gail Digi Choosday DT
http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk

scrappymo! said...

Very cute indeed. The backof the envelope is fabulous!!!

The fancy fold looks great and I love all the work you put into the design!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card, this is a great design. Thank you for joining us for The Challenge.

Rae Ann said...

That is such a great card fold! Love how easy it would be to pop it in the mail. Your little scene is totally adorable and I love how you improvised for the clouds!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Anjie said...

Lovely make. Thanks for joining us in our Birthday challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...