Sunday, May 8, 2016

Nurses' Week

Happy Mother's Day! If you are a mother I wish you all the best today. May your kids remember you today. So far I've heard from two of my three. My daughter and SIL gave me a dozen roses earlier this week and then announced that she will be a new Mom also. We are cautiously optimistic.  We lost her first son last November after birth. We are praying for a healthy baby this time around. My youngest son sent me a set of Yankee Candles. They smell so good. I;m waiting to hear from my middle boy. He'll probably call sometime today.
The new challenge is up and running at The Outlawz CAS challenge. This week is Nurses week and our hostess, Deb, is a nurse. So she picked get well cards for us as the challenge.


I used the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday. The image is this week's Friday Freebie at Bugaboo called Nurse - Get Better. So hop on over to get this free digi this week. The background paper is from Create with TLC. I loved the mixture of colors and the textured feel it has. Then I tried to match some of the more subtle colors of the background with the other elements. I colored the nurse with Bic markers. Die cut her using the Spellbinder's Hearts and inked the inside using Seedless Preserves distress ink. The BandAid sentiment was a freebie from Stamping with Gail. She hasn't updated her blog recently.


I hope you will join us for this get well CAS challenge at The Outlawz. The design team really made some great cards! Our prize this time is an envelope full of crafting goodies. Lots of fun new things to use.
I am entering these challenges:
For all the Moms out there, wishing you the best day ever. 

Donna



10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Happy Mother's Day! This is such a sweet card! Beautiful coloring, and a fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Glenda Atkins said...

I must go and get the freebie, it is a cutie, especially if one knows any nurses. Your inking is marvelous. Wonderful card.
hugs
Glenda

ScrappyHorses said...

This is so cute with that band-aid! Love that background and the inked heart. Thanks for sharing with us at TTCRD.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

EdenLand Designs said...

This is a wonderful card!! Love the colors, and your take on the sketch!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATSM this week!!
Susan DT

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling card! Wow...you have sad and happy events as well in your life. I'm so sorry for the lost of the grandson and so hope happy news this time. I saw both my son for Mother's Day which was quite nice and unusual so I was very happy.

Pam said...

This is adorable! I love the little nurse and I went over to Bugaboo Stamps and got the cute image, Thanks for letting us know!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

MaryH said...

Your nurse card is simply adorable and great take on the sketch with the bandaid sentiment. Like that blue background. So happy for your family about the new addition & prayers that ALL will be well. I know you all must be so excited and what a special way to celebrate Mother's Day. Hugs & TFS (BTW, is the replacement for retiring, or just changing to a new position?)

Lori said...

This is a super cute card! Thank you so much for joining us at Try Stampin' - Or Not - On Tuesday!

Lynne in NI said...

Heee what a fun get well card! Thanks for playing along at Try Stampin on Tuesday :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun card for Nurses week! That is a neat layout, and love the image in the heart, and your sponging around the edge : ) And, hope you had a great Mother's Day as well. Congrats on the good news, and yes, it will be a pregnancy with lots of prayers by all I imagine, but think positive! I will say prayers for you all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...