Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Holiday Hugs

Camping this past weekend was lots of fun. The weather on Thursday was chilly and wet but the rest of the weekend was perfect! We did lots of things outdoors and we even rode bikes, which I haven't done in years. So lots of exercise. Since Sunday I have been playing catch up: dishes, laundry, something with my volunteering. Today I started a new exercise class. And I keep finding things that I've forgotten to do when we got back. Oh, here's another thing. I forgot to post this card yesterday for the start of the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge.


Our sponsor this month is Pattie's Creations. As always you can link up anything Christmas for this challenge but we do have an optional theme. This month it's Gear up for Christmas. Use some kind of winter gear on your project. My little penguin is all geared up in his ear muffs and scarf. The image is Pearl the Penguin. I colored him with Spectrum Noir markers and die cut the image with Spellbinder's Tear Drop Circles. I used three designer paper from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles: North Pole, Bokeh, and Holiday Decorations. Some of the designer paper was die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. The sentiment, from a retired Gina K stamp set, was heat embossed with black embossing powder. I layered with black card stock. The final embellishments are Recollections Adhesive Rhinestone. I use Wink of Stella on the penguin for some extra sparkle. I hope that you'll join us this month and "gear up for Christmas" at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up! I am entering these challenges:
Once I get caught up this week, I have to get in gear for the twins' birthday this Saturday. Haven't even started to think about that yet. I can't believe they are going to be 2 years old already. Time is flying. Hope your week is off to a great start! I hope you'll come join us at 12 Months!

Donna



9 comments:

Heather said...

Such a cute penguin with his little scarf - and I love the addition of the droplets on the doily die-cut! Adorable! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

Sweet little penguin, Donna. I really like the papers you used on your card as well! Your use of our sketch is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, beautiful card. Glad that you are having all this fun in life!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Adorable penguin and great coloring and layout too! I love the challenges to get Christmas cards done before the rush is on!
Glad you had fun on your first trip and bet it was relaxing- and bike riding is a great way to see the area up close and personal- love it!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this card is so cute. I love the way you use sketches so often. Nice work!

creationsnz said...

Little penguin is looking pretty cosy there. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, do join us again, CarolG

Pam said...

How cute! Love the little penguin in his Winter's finest! The little blue pearls look so pretty around the die cut.
WOW, the twins will be 2!!! Hard to believe! Ruby is 3 and busy as can be! I just finished her Rapunzel dress and wig and she asked if I would wrap it up like a present.
I hope you have a fun day on their birthday!
Hugs, Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Krafty Kaylin said...

this is such a cute card. thanks for joining us at TSOT!

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Judy TTCRD DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...