Thursday, October 4, 2018

Saddle Up and Celebrate

I believe I mentioned that the twins turn 2 on Saturday. I made Arthur's card a while ago but hadn't made Valerie's yet. So I bought this new set from MFT but hadn't used it yet. It has both a boy and a girl image in it. That's one of the reasons I bought it. And I love the way this card turned out!


The MFT stamp set is called Saddle Up & Celebrate. I used the coordinating dies for the set. I colored the images with Spectrum Noir markers. The sentiment is from the same set and die cut with MFT Pierced Fishtail Flags. I paper pieced the bands of the hats (I just freehanded those) and the girl's scarf. I used the MFT Mini Cloud Edges Stencil for the cloud background using Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink. The stitched hills in the background are from Simon Says Stitched Slopes and Hills and brown card stock. The grass is MFT Fresh Cut Grass. I am entering these challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project today. A busy weekend ahead. My FIL will be coming back to help celebrate the twins' birthday. Saturday we have a memorial service and then the birthday party. After that we'll be heading for Baby Creek to spend Sunday out at our other property where some friends are going to meet us for Sunday dinner and games. Never a dull moment. LOL! Have a super fun weekend!

Donna

9 comments:

Carol L said...

This is just too stinkin' cute with the little cowgirl and a birthday cake wearing a matching hat! LOL Love the beautiful sky along with the dancing cactus too. Thanks for sharing your fun card with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge, and good luck!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a cute card!

Pam said...

What a cute birthday card! The cowgirl is adorable and you followed the sketch perfectly!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

What an adorable card!! Love the images!
Happy birthday to the twins!! How can they be 2 already??!!??
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Shelly Schmidt said...

So adorable!!! I sure hope the twins parents save these cards : ) And, how fast the time has flown by!!! I look forward to seeing the future card you make with the boy and the girl!

Ina G said...

So so cute and such a lovely scene here Donna. Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week.

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness such sweetness. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Julie B said...

What a fab little scene you've created here.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

Priya said...

A wonderful background you created in your card.
Love the image.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun challenges.
Priya DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...