Sunday, October 21, 2018

A2 Wreath Builder Card

When I posted the first two cards from the wreath builder class I told myself I'd post the last card right after. Well, that obviously didn't happen. So I thought I should get into gear and post the last card I made. Gina showed us how to take the square wreath and turn it into an A2 size card. 


So we created the wreath first using the wreath builder and then you cut the wreath in half and add the extra layers in the middle to complete the card. We used a variety of colors of Gina K inks to make the wreath. We added a sentiment to the pre-cut oval and then decorated the oval. We used black card stock for layering and finished off with stamping the foliage on the middle layering piece. I know I've already said how much I've enjoyed the class. If you get a chance to take a class from Gina K and Rina K do it! They are awesome. I am entering these challenges:
I was hoping that this week I would get time to make birthday cards as I am going to need a number of them very soon. We have family arriving on Friday for the weekend so I'll have to get the house ready for guests. So I'll have to see how my time goes this week. I can't believe that October is almost over. Where does the time go. We had the twins all day yesterday and we took them to the playground but the wind was very strong and sharp so we didn't stay too long. The wind took our electric out for a bit too. Hope its not an omen of winter to come. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Donna

6 comments:

MaryH said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for the explanation about how to change the square into an A-size. Love these colors and the tiny motifs. Lucky you to have been able to attend the workshops, and I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun designing cards using the build-a-wreath. Also if you have any peg stamps, bet you can incorporate them into the wreath design. I hunted up some of mine, and plan to try to use. Hope the wkend was good - ours got a bit cooler. Last night we got to 39...Brrr! TFS & Hugs.

Janice said...

A very clever technique, I love your card, it’s so pretty.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, the color scheme on this gorgeous card is so cheerful!

Pam said...

Your card is beautiful Donna! I love what all you can do with your wreath builder stamps! The colors you used are so pretty!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

crafty said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge this week.
Mary

Kathy Barnett said...

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends (commenting on #’s 2 & 7)
Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...