Friday, October 19, 2018

A Birthday Howl

I can't believe I haven't gotten anything up since Monday! Where did this week go. I didn't get to exercise this morning because they needed help watching the twins. So we had a little romp around the house for a while. Valerie was especially in the mood to RUN all over the place. But all I had to do was sing and they would both come back to me. They love to hear someone sing. Arthur will say "more" and then he'll go "ahhhh", like he's singing when he wants me to sing more. We have them again all day tomorrow so I'd better rest up tonight. Next week, my youngest has a birthday. He is a wolf lover so I thought this card might work for him.


I used the Sketch Saturday sketch for inspiration. All the die cuts were taken from the MFT Blueprints 13 set. The image of the wolf and sentiment are from Create with TLC. I used distress ink for the background. The die cuts were all cut from scraps from my scrap box. Here's the inside of the card.
Sentiment from MFT Anything But Basic Birthday Sentiments.
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you've had a wonderful week and are heading into a relaxing and crafty weekend! Take care.

Donna


7 comments:

MaryH said...

I like the way you've showcased this wolf, with the tag design, and the placement. The wooden effect of the bottom tag combined with the shades of blue is very nice, and perfect for a masculine card too! The moon and stars fit with the 'wolf howling' imagery. Sounds like you got your exercise with those 2 little ones as well. TFS & have a good weekend. Hugs

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Donna, this is a great card... bold and beautiful!

Pam said...

What a wonderful masculine birthday card! The wolf looks great and the sentiment is perfect!
I love how when you sing the twins come to you, how cute!
Hugs, Pam,
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! What a fantastic birthday greeting for your beautiful canine! All that inky loveliness to bring out the starry night sky! Wonderful! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Maura said...

Great title for your card, Donna! Those stars really pop against the deep blue. Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Maura

Rae Ann said...

The pop of yellow is so great against the blue and brown. The shape of the panels on the front is awesome.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Birthday challenge.

Nance said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it with us last week at 4 Crafty Chicks! Hope you join us again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...