Monday, February 23, 2015

Sweet Birthday

Brr! We are back to below zero again. But the good news is the next two days are supposed to get up into the 20s again but with a chance of snow. I will take the snow over the below freezing temps. Funny how the weather is all the topic of conversation all the time.
Coming up very soon will be the birthday for some very special twins. So my card tonight is for the little girl of the pair.

The image is from Doodle Pantry called Heart Candy Ants. I overlayed one of the sentiments into the heart and then cut the image out with Lawn Fawns's Stitched Banner die. All the background paper is from Doodle Pantry from my scrap box. I used my Martha Stewart Laurel Leaf punch for the bottom border. The happy birthday sentiment is from Gina K Say it with Flowers stamp set. The ribbon thread through the banner is Organza from Bucilla. I used the Friday Mashup sketch for the card.



I am entering these challenges:

That's it for me tonight. I am tired tonight. It was tough getting up to go to work this morning. I hope I get back into the swing so it's not such an effort at work. Be safe and warm and thanks so much for visiting with me! Come back any time!

Donna


7 comments:

Lisa said...

Terrific job with the sketch! Such a pretty and colorful card!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Donna, what a sweet birthday card for a girl. Those Doodle Pantry ants are the cutest, and I like the leaf border and flower background you chose to go with your theme.

Thank you for sharing your Exotic Animal with us at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

WE had a snow dusting today. It was pretty with no sticking to the roads. Hummm...your temps sound terrible BUT your card is adorable...love those little spring flowers in the background and this card could be used for an assortment of occasions.

Unknown said...

Donna...this card is absolutely adorable. One of my favorites. I love the Spring look of this card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Doodle Pantry's Ants in My Pantry Digital Challenge #2. We hope to see you back for next month's challenge!

Stef H said...

AND sweet this is! too, too sweet.
just like you... thank you for your "otter-ly" fabulous card!

hugs :)

brrenwick said...

Great take on the sketch! Fantastic job coloring...love all of the color! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Donna, This is just darling! Both of the girls will love their cards! This set is so fun and totally love the paper you used! Thanks so much for joining us at the Doodle Pantry candy challenge. Good luck and I hope you will come back and join in the fun again!
Hugs, Sarah T

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...