Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hey Chick

Happy Saturday! We are getting more snow today. We have about 6 inches of new powder so far. I am hoping that it doesn't rain on top of it and become ice. After the storm we are supposed to go back down below zero again. Winter has finally arrived in central Indiana!
With the weather being nasty outside we are stuck inside and I have time to play! Here's one of the cards I made today.
It's very pink! I don't use that color much. LOL! But I like the spring colors. The image is the stamp of the month at From the Heart. I die cut it with Spellbinder's Inverted Circles and then inked the edges. The image is colored with Copic and Bic markers. I love the bright ribbon that I used across the background. This is a ribbon from my MIL's stash so I have no idea where it came from. My MIL passed away at Christmas time and I am inheriting all of her craft stuff: ribbon, wax, buttons, floss, etc. So lots of new stuff to use. The sentiment is from a Gina K kit. I used Freshly Masd Sketch # 174 for the card.

I am entering these challenges:

Hope you are staying safe, warm and being crafty this weekend. Have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by.

Donna

11 comments:

Creative Heart Designs said...

I LOVE your colorful chick! That ribbon is fantastic! Have a happy 'snow' day.

My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

Jo said...

A bright and cheery card for a gloomy cold winter's day.
I love the colours and layout.
Thank you for joining our Stamp of the Month challenge at From the Heart Stamps.
Stay warm :)
Jo xx

Stef H said...

this is aaaaaaaaaaa dorable. i've got most of my easter cards done (55). i probably should do another 20. at least i started early.

no new snow here, but cold. it finally warmed up yesterday and i was able to take puppy for a ride and get the car washed. now? back in the deep freeze. sheesh. mother nature can't make up her mind.

sydney came by for a visit and neenah was sooooo happy to see her. they shaved sydneys leg and she has a scar about 10" long. the stitches, however, are all on the inside. neenah just kept sniffing her leg and rubbing her nose. what great friends.

stay warm and have a great week.

hugs :)

Chrissie said...

This really is brightly coloured! Very cheery!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super fun and striking
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Patricia St Martin said...

Donna, So adorable! Great sketch you did a wonderful job with it. Perfect spring colors.
Hugs, Pat/♥

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this fun sketch- your papers are so bright and cheery- and the adorable image is colored perfectly!

Amy O said...

Very sweet! I love the bright spring-like colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

My goodness this is cute! Such a happy card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Cricutjunkie said...

How cute is this card. I love love the image and the colors. Very cheerful so sorry to hear about the storm. I live in sunny CA and it is raining here.I am visiting you from Less is More challenge. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by my blog and say HI. Traci

Anne said...

What a fun, colorful card - an antidote to the weather!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...